Kia Owners Club Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Mine seems the same. The rear lip of the protective cover under the engine drops down slightly, perhaps by a couple of inches.

It is also floppy - made of a fairly thin material.

So, I’m guessing what you describe on yours is normal Odono.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Cheers mate I have to look elsewhere :mad:

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Right I have pinned down noise 1. it only happens at 26 or 27mph (I know crazy) 2. much worse when engine cold noise seems to disappear when engine up to temp? I am pretty sure its the exhaust I know they made some changes to the later cars, anyway I drove round a crescent after 4th time noise seemed to disappear I have managed to use my phone to capture the noise but cannot download it :unsure: I have managed to post it on Kia Stingers owners club on facebook.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Update took car in for 1st service played tape of noise to technician he could not believe it, said he would check over as after an hour I walked round to work shops they invited me in, put car in air showed me all under the car said he could not find any thing wrong ! all looked good to me my mate came round today, sat in back noise happened he reckons its coming from outside, trouble is if I wind window down, wind noise etc I cannot hear it :mad: think I need a rolling road my dealer has a brand new workshop but no rolling road, going to ask him tomorrow what is next step :unsure:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Could it be the hud frame vibrating? I had the same thing a couple of days after taking delivery. It would come and go and sounded like something rattling in the dash ahead of the steering wheel.

I solved it yesterday with a folded bit of black card wedged in the left side of the frame between the plastic and the glass.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Unfortunately it not a rattle, its a buffeting noise happens when engine cold normally, always at 27mph 28mph we think its coming from underneath car, possibly transmission tunnel dealers heard my tape, not a clue! no reports of any Stinger with this type of noise I've checked all forums I will find it, mechanic cant share car with me at moment :mad: back seats down boot stripped out just battery even louder, don't help 2020 exhaust so loud now :D

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Update with noise none :mad: my next step is to rotate wheels in case balancing or a flat spot, don't trust tyre places so I will do it myself, anyone jacked their Stinger up if so where the best point I have a trolley jack and stands, while wheels off I'm going to clean properly and seal.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Right update took car in last Sat found one of the underpans catching on undersill sorted that, drove home, Mon morning car cold drove to work 27mph buffeting noise still there :mad: phoned dealer yesterday I asked if they would remove all the shields underneath so I could see in morning when cold if noise had gone, they weren't to happy to do that, after a discussion on phone I said remove them and I would sigh a disclaimer if I damaged the underside of car, not as if I'm driving off road, they agreed all shields removed yesterday drove home, this morning drove car 1st thing noise still there but 50% quieter :unsure: so what ever is causing the buffeting sound only does it when cold !! and the shields must be like a echo chamber so returning tomorrow to get shields refitted, they want to keep car but I'm reluctant to do that, not sure what next move is :mad:

·
Registered
426 Posts
Tricky one. Anything similar on the US forums to give you an idea?

I’d be getting tough on the dealer. ‘Sort it or provide me with another GTS!’

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
To be fare mate I have stopped them taking it in, I rather have this noise for 5mins in morning then rattles due to car being pulled apart, will see what they say tomorrow but they have been very good (y) ps nothing on the US forum.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Returned Sat shields refitted spoke to manager dropping car off 17th evening taking courtesy car home returning 8am next day tec has agreed to go out with me, i will be driving to replicate sound hopefully he will find it :unsure: :unsure:

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Left car at dealers last night returned this morning 8am so I can drive the car tec agreed to share car with me with masks of course, well as I thought roads not good round dealers, struggled to hear noise but it did and tec heard it but he had no idea, but when talking afterwards with manager the facts are 1. car only makes the noise when cold, . only does it 27 to 28mph; then goes 2. when shields removed from under car I drove it for 2 days could hardly hear noise shields put back on noise returns, so its coming from engine bay shields are a echo chamber, 3 noise coincided with a marked increase in ticking sound from high pressure fuel pump which also stops when warm !! tec agreed that could be the reason noise stops above 29mph as pump maybe works a bit harder ! so next step dealer is writing a technical report to Kia to see what they say, but I don't hold out much hope for pump to be changed :mad: ps was given a e nero for the day well impressed, can see why people are buying them very nice to drive and quick but no I would not swop 🤣🤣

·
Registered
642 Posts
I've now noticed a buffeting noise like a single open window on the motorway. It's very quiet, but there. Wonder if it's the same thing.....

My Dad took an E-nero out last month. He said it was good, but other than the electric bit, not a huge step up as a "car" from his 2004 Honda Accord! I think this is more related to how good the accord is, than anything else (which incidentally has done 90k miles and not a single thing has ever gone wrong with it!).

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Yes that's the noise best way to describe it, does it only do it when engine cold ?

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Car is going in November 2nd kia what to do some tests on the high pressure fuel pump said they need car for a week :mad: not happy told them they can have for 4 days I need it for week end they agreed just hope its sorted :unsure:

21 - 39 of 39 Posts