Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all in some car if you leave a window part open at certain speeds you will get a fluttering sound (there probably a tec name) I am now getting this when everything shut, doing less then 30mph when I take my foot of accelerator I get this fluttering noise any ideas guys ?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Roof spoiler loose, baggage rack, roof rack, boot lid not shut, hood not shut.
Shut all the air vents just to rule out some kind of ventilation system occurance.
Check all door seals are intact

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Checked under car this morning there are some large plastic shields protecting the underside on top of them found a stone same size of a marble ! not sure if that's the cause, but didn't hear noise when driving this morning cannot believe that's it so watch this space :unsure:

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sad to say no luck seems to start when I take foot off accelerator it seems to happen I will pinpoint it🤔 I think its coming from engine bay!

·
Registered
66 Posts
the fact it sounds a bit like air coming in through an open window might be due to a problem with one of the turbo hoses, maybe split or come off? I know it is very unlikely on such a new car but worth checking if nothing else is obvious. Good luck!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Not yet going to look at engine bay today, no point booking it in unless its doing it constantly or I find the reason probley something stupid :unsure: just thought the best way to describe noise when we was kids we used to peg a playing card to our bike wheels and it used to flick off the spokes that's the noise :mad:

·
Registered
257 Posts
That noise is quite different to a window being open a cracks.
Wheel bolts are too long after changing to summer wheels. Or even worse, newly purchased wheels are clashing with brake caliper.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Okay, random idea, but could it be an issue with a speaker? Do you have the active engine sound on? The volume of the fake engine is different in eco, so perhaps the tone of the eco noise is just right to create an issue with the speaker, or, maybe it's a software bug which makes the noise. Try turning the noise off and see if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Will do but it done it in comfort mode this morning the more I hear it it sounds like wind buffering :mad:

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Turned engine sound off no diffrance but have pinned noise down it only happens between 26 and 29miles a hour how weird wondered if its a balancing problem as car new no wear on tyres and I haven't hit anything will check to see if any wheel weights missing later. Car book
ed in for service next month but cannot go in car with tec so pointless trying to explain 😭

·
Super Moderator
3,251 Posts
Car booked in for service next month but cannot go in car with tec so pointless trying to explain 😭
You can give someone a lift to work in your car providing they sit away from you and you have a window open according to the latest virus guidence! :rolleyes:🤗

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Update the noise or vibration is still there I think its there all the time, but I hear it more at low speed, while fitting mud flaps I had a look under car at the end of the engine shield, it hangs down about 40mm to 50mm as if it has dropped and that flaps about when you touch it ! has anyone else checked theirs ! the end of shield is level with rear of front wheels car is so low its hard to get under especially as I'm a big chap with a new knee, would be helpful if someone could check theirs to see if its loose ? many thanks

1 - 20 of 23 Posts