Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have been experiencing a strange whirring noise from rear of car at over 60mph, mentioned it at first service but said due to weather could not get car up to that speed, not had chance to take it back in yet.

Met another ProCeed owner today and he said he was experiancing the same noise his garage said it was rhe rear tyres and replaced them, but noise still being heard.We both have different tyres he has Dunlop I have Michelin so cannot be tyres both on 17in his is diesel Sport mines is a 3 petrol. Anobody else experience this problem?

·
Registered
7 Posts
hiya i also had the same noise the garage said it was the tyres,dunlop had to put snow tyres on highland weather, and noise seems to have gone .but i will see in the spring when i go back to normal tyres ,thinking of fitting 17inch continetals?i drive a 2 litre diesal pro ceed

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Hmmmm, I recently have had a `drone` from the rear at speed, was unsure if the bearings were at fault.
My cars been lowered (slightly)and the roads round here aren`t the best (covered 50k)

·
Registered
7 Posts
someone else said they had a drone from back im begining to think this is a pro ceed thing .or is it dunlop tyres ?im on 17inch maybe thats the prob do they not fit them now?jannyman

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Mines only recently started doing it so it can't be tyres as it would have happened when I changed them?!
It's occurred over time which is why I suspect something giving up such as bearings !

·
Registered
49 Posts
I think you will find it is tyre noise as the Ceed seems susceptible to it. My original Michelins (225/17) became very bad for it. A new set of Contis fixed it (and transformed the ride and noise levels) but are now just starting to get noisier again, albeit nothing like the Michelins.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 2.0 CRDi Sport has started doing exactly the same thing. I have just assumed that it is a wheel bearing because itsuddenly started, can't hear it at low speeds and only seems to be coming from the near side rear. Will be going in to the garage soon so will post back what they say.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Iam the owner ofa Cee'd Style since Jan 2009. from the begging I have noticed a noise which I complained about. I was also told that it was related to the tyres etc.. I switch between winter and summer tyres and the noise remains. Having just coverd a journey of over 2000 Kms recently in Italy, Croatis and Switzerland I noticed that the noise has increased in intensity. This noise reminds me ofwear in the differential and /or the universal couplings. I thought it might be due to break disk deformation but having now discovered this chat room and read the messages I am sure that there is a serious problem somewhere in the transmission. I intend to have one of the most experienced mechanics review this with me and address the matter to KIA directly. I will keep you posted but I believe now (after all the rubbish I have been told) that only with a collective approach will get us the required results due to the 7 year warranty consequences. I presume you have 7 years Warranty in the UK also.I believe the customer support deserves this for the moment
. Lets hope we can turn it to a

·
Registered
2 Posts
allI am aware that the noise seems to come from the rear and the car is a front wheel drive. However, forgot to mention that it could also be a buffeting effect on the rear windows. When the rear windows are open at 60 KMH you can experience a pulsing effect in the ears. Maybe the turbulence is causedby the mirrors or roof rack or general design of the car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts