Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have just recently noticed a creaking groaning sort of noise when lifting clutch pedal up in reverse. Thought I had scraped the wing when reversing into the garage at first! All other forward gears are fine. If I am very light with clutch and very slow isn't that apparent. Have tried lifting clutch in reverse with hand brake on and can induce noise noticeably. Any ideas?

·
Registered
270 Posts
I just wondering if its engine mountings - because the engine twists in the opposite direction
when reversing - or exhaust straps - dont think anything serious by what you say,.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
when you engage reverse with the handbrake, on the rear of the car lifts slightly due to the suspension setup..... just wondering if its the rear dampers squeaking as you are using a bit of them that dosent normally get used....as they normally get compressed not stretched.?.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I have had a groan from my clutch in reverseon my Tempest diesel since I bought it,several garages have looked but said it was OK.Its not there all the time and if you are quite you can get it on forward movement as well.I think that it is a little noise from the thrust bearing, its not all the time just now nad again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your replies. Unfortunately my Samba is now in hospital at the moment after a rear end attack by a bus! Tailgate badly dented, bumper scratched all over etc Hope all else is well - I miss it already! Have Ford Galaxy as hire car and it's not a patch on it. Too big, too heavy, no fun!

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Just noticed briw46 that you are in Rotherham,just moved to Bridlington from Bramley last Oct. Hope you get your Samba sorted out and it was not damaged to badly.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Lived 24 years inBramley which is in South Yorkshire not the one in West Yorkshire, I was born and brought up in Chesterfield,now living in Bridlington

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Ah well!..... as you are still from yorkshire i may still acknowledge your existance........lol. Once tried to buy a house in Bramley, got the details and they were photocopied and the pic looked strange, when i got there they had tippexed out the 25 storey tower block right behind the house....lol.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
You should have bought one in Bramley South Yorkshire , you could have tippex the smell from the farm out ! Yes we are still in Yorkshire though it would have been Northhumberside a few years ago .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Dave R
Just collected the samba from repairers Thursday and all seems well. Great to have it back. The accident in question was in Bramley of all places! On the roundabout on Bawtry Road adjacent to the industrial estate. My wife was driving and was severely shook up. Still sore but OK. Have good friends who live in Scarborough and am quite often over on the East Coast. Brid is an old friend can still remember our first trips there with Mum, Dad and siblings way back when! Might bump into you (NOT literally - just had one of those) one day. Still got squeak when lifting clutch in reverse. Now ignoring it!

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Glad your wife is OK and the Samba is back on the road, you have to watch the buses in Rotherham as most of them are driven by idiots. Just moved to Brid andfinding it really good.We live on St Annes Road so if you are in Brid give me a knock.I have just dropped a line to Kia as my clutch is still moaning but is still working OK , we both think the car is geat and we are glad we bought it. I would get them to check your squeak everything should be perfect.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts