Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, please advise. What is the sound like in the video? The front brakes are new original. The sound of me stopping on a hill. There is no sound when the parking brake is applied.

Kia ceed hatchback 1.4 CVVT 2013

video 1
video 2

·
Registered
62 Posts
I wouldn't overly worry assuming it everything is tight and safe, it will manifest in time with your equivalent of an MOT. I would ask someone to check to it over with a ramp and attend to when it become more evident what it is.

My car squeaks at speed bumps assume something somewhere in the suspension is softer than the last car.

Noticed you're in a cold climate and could be worth going round all the bushes and joints with silicone spray.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was at the MOT with it and they didn't come up with anything. I put silicone oil and no change. Couldn't that sound be made by the brake piston?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Could be, but probably worth just riding it out and it will become more obvious over time what the fault is. Callipers are expensive and you should only need to replace if and when the capiler seals go.

I had a strange vibration front the front from getting my Ceed at tickover than went through the car, a lot of searching lead to a vibrating undertray that has now been wedged with foam to stop it making a noise.

Sorry not much use I know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts