Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have a 2o20 sportarge and the stop start seems to cut in every time i slow down at a junction and when you put my foot down to go it's seems to stall and when you put you foot down it high revs,as any body had this ?

·
Registered
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
1,407 Posts
The stop and go will operate when you are slowing down at low speed. This has been discussed in a previous thread here. I've never experienced the high revving issue, although the stop and go rarely works on my car.

·
Super Moderator
4,217 Posts
Which Sportage?

So ISG works when you stop (not slow down) at a junction (engine stops)
When you then put your foot on the accelerator it sounds like it's going to stall? but then rev's high?

Sounds a bit like your are hitting the accelerator too hard if it's revving, or anti stall kicking in.

If it's engine stopping when you are slowing down. You need to go back to dealer as it sounds like something is very wrong with idle speed.

·
Registered
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
1,407 Posts
Which Sportage?

So ISG works when you stop (not slow down) at a junction (engine stops)
When you then put your foot on the accelerator it sounds like it's going to stall? but then rev's high?

Sounds a bit like your are hitting the accelerator too hard if it's revving, or anti stall kicking in.

If it's engine stopping when you are slowing down. You need to go back to dealer as it sounds like something is very wrong with idle speed.
I don't like to disagree, but on the Sportage 48V the stop and go does stop the engine as you de-accelerate. It's even mentioned on the Kia web site.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts