Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all....My wife has just bought one and having filled it up for the first time with the estimated range showing 625ks the MMI Screen is showing a warning.... INSUFFICIENT FUEL IN CAR.Do you want to search for the nearest filling stations? YES or No You press "NO" but it comes on again. (See below) I have searched the Menus etc and no joy! Any ideas how to delete it anybody? Thanks!

Attachments

Super Moderator
How much fuel do you have left?

As running out of fuel is a big issue for any hybrid.

Try "Yes"

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
As i said it before it was brimmed.Now showing 550ks to empty so loads! Must be a software interface issue between the central small screen which shows the menu system with references to the fuel consumption etc...

Apparently YES was hit too.

Super Moderator
As i said it before it was brimmed.Now showing 550ks to empty so loads! Must be a software interface issue between the central small screen which shows the menu system with references to the fuel consumption etc...

Apparently YES was hit too.
Ah.
Time to visit the dealer then.

In terms of menus. It could be either in the infotainment, or the one in the middle screen of the drivers display.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help.What amazes me is that the 400 odd page Stonic book has no info on this message.The Dealer in Gibraltar has emailed Kia Europe but not received a reply. I have been in the Motor Trade all my life so called 2 Kia Dealerships in the UK thinking that a modern Service Receptionist had the technical training to answer my question! Wrong!! So i tried Kia UK and they only talk to Dealers, so an incredibly simple fault is not answerable on the phone. I will now attach my own OBD 2 scanner to see what comes up? I am guessing nothing!

Registered
I think that the mesage is self explanatory so what could the manual add to make it clearer.

Service receptionists are not engineers and have no technical training. Some learn a bit from experience but they rarely have a proper understanding.

Clearly the car thinks it is nearly out of fuel but you know it is not and the range shows it is not. What does the fuel gauge show?

I can only think that there is another sensor apart from the fuel level sender, possibly on the same assembly but with it's own wiring. Either that or the software has become confused. OBD is worth a try but I am not hopeful.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for new info. Surprised re UK service receptionists. Pity really.
Fuel gauge is totally accurate. Upon fill-up was FULL and the range showed about 625ks to run to empty. I was thinking software too. Maybe it needs an upgrade?

Super Moderator
so called 2 Kia Dealerships in the UK thinking that a modern Service Receptionist had the technical training to answer my question! Wrong!!
Ha. I bet the only training they get is on the co's computer system & how to use the coffee machine 馃槀

1 - 8 of 8 Posts