Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There has been a recent spate of stolen Kia Sportages reported in the London area facilitated it seems by thieves using keyless technology.

Just a warning I think if we needed it, that it's so important these days keeping your vehicle secure and keeping keys protected by Faraday pouches etc.

I haven't included the link but if anyone is interested in the source of my information visit the Facebook page for Kia Owners club UK.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Strange choice; burglars and drug dealers seem to prefer Golfs or Audi A3s (they must be as badge conscious as everyone else!). Roomy car though for all your swag, and those that are 4WD must be handy going across the fields...

Is there some particular weakness with the Sportage, I wonder?
Given the worldwide shortage of chips and apparent shortage of certain Kia parts, as well as the value of DPFs/catalytic converters, it probably just needs a good "fence" in the criminal fraternity to make this activity quite lucrative

You just need to price certain Kia components on second hand parts websites to see the sort of money which could be earned on a vehicle break up basis.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts