Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Not getting your fob out to do it is the point, you still press a button, albeit on the door.

If I leave football with the key in my trackies which are stuffed in my bag, I don't have to unpack in the rain or remember to fish out my keys. There are plenty of scenarios where it's a massive advantage to have and until I have a car stolen via relay, I'll consider it a huge win.

·
Registered
961 Posts
But, up until recently you did go key hunting and did remember to have it ready, I suspect?
Well obviously, or I didn't get in. The current situation is far better. Five years of better.
But I'd guess you probably didn't say, "I wish manufacturers would provide a keyless entry facility on run of the mill cars" No but when they offered it, I knew we were going to be best friends. Before, I was blind..... because you probably thought, "that would be a daft idea as criminals with a car stealing desire would be able to acquire my car more easily" Nope, theives will theive. If I was that bothered I'd bollard my drive or use a crooklock. As it is, I keep my keys away from the front of the house. Mostly.

Hence why I say, keyless entry fixes a problem that didn't really exist until the manufacturers used their "influence" to tell you it is problem. By that definition, chocolate hobnobs shouldn't exist. Plus I've explained the problem, you just choose to ignore it, as it doesn't fit your personal situation.
I heard the same arguments when people were jamming fobs in car parks. It basically boils down to, you're happy using a fob so everyone else should be. Would I pay extra for a sleep mode on the key, yes. Would I go back to dumb fobs, no thanks.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I think allowing it to be disabled in car menu would be best to then allow those who don't want it to disable it. Probably could be added at a service software update.
I fully agree, as it can be in other makes. Newer Kia's seem to come with sleeper fobs which go a long way to avoiding the problem when at home, maybe not so much when out and about.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Like I say, same old story....

Discussed on a forum in 2010

If a theif wants your car, they will find a way.

·
Registered
961 Posts
If a thief tries to block your signal when locking your car, surely the tell tale sign is that your mirrors don’t fold in, assuming you‘ve set them to do that. In that case you will know there’s a problem.
Nor would your lights flash, which is what I look for. It still made the headlines, two years running.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts