Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my Kia Sportage march 2020 cost me 33k just about 5000 miles in the clock, serviced a month ago, was stolen last friday from my doorstep 29.July it took them 1.38 seconds.

To my horror I found out that there has been a huge wave of kia sportages being stolen for even less than 1.38 seconds.....seriously KIA...not sure why as there are out there more stunning cars.....than crappy KIA Sportage.

Just wondering if KIA themselves will start doing something about it and own up this keyless & locking system is crap and easy to override. Maybe they should throw in when selling their cars tracker as they know by know how crappy their keyless system is.

They need to take acknowledge and take responsibility for what they are providing, which is garbage and below average. or maybe are the ones stealing them back from the clients buyers...............AVOID KIA SPORTAGE

·
Super Moderator
3,804 Posts
Hello and welcome. Sorry to hear your Sportage was stolen. You say there us a wave of cars been stolen, but we have not seen many reports on here - although that doesn't mean it isn't happening.

Reactions: Chris1255

·
Super Moderator
10,469 Posts
Hi & Welcome.

Sorry about the loss of the Sportage. Just where in the UK are you based? As like above we have not heard of any reports of mass stolen Sportages.

Given the time taken, sounds like a relay attack.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello and welcome. Sorry to hear your Sportage was stolen. You say there us a wave of cars been stolen, but we have not seen many reports on here - although that doesn't mean it isn't happening.
To be honest I only found out yesterday about this site myself, and I have owned Kia for 19 years if you go to www.nextdoor.co.uk or download the app you will see how may been reported last month alone

·
Registered
Soul EV Maxx
339 Posts
It must be somebody capable of operating the burglar system, round here it's BMW's nearly every night some on social media taken. Half a dozen or so in one area.

·
Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
894 Posts
I agree Kia do not seem to take security of their cars very seriously but if you have the Connect app you may be able to see where your car is located.

·
Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
894 Posts
Hi my Kia Sportage march 2020 cost me 33k just about 5000 miles in the clock, serviced a month ago, was stolen last friday from my doorstep 29.July it took them 1.38 seconds.
How did you know how long it took them to steal it?

Reactions: KevG57

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It must be somebody capable of operating the burglar system, round here it's BMW's nearly every night some on social media taken. Half a dozen or so in one area.
there was 3 individuals stealing my car, one driving their getaway car, one with a pad looking for signal the other individual near my car to open doors and start engine .

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss....It's not just Kia that have there fault's...I had a Ford Fiesta Sport Van...Great car...they watched us go to bed (lights off in house) on a Sunday night.....my worst night mare!!!! was my car insurance doubled over night through no fault of my own.....I keep ALL CAR KEYS in a TIN BOX now....hopefully you may get a recovery....my very best

·
Registered
564 Posts
Keyless entry - a solution to a problem that for the most part didn't exist.(I accept with disabled drivers / Mums with children to hold etc it has its uses)

Most round my way with keyless entry have resorted to the old syle mechanical devies such as Krooklok / Disclok etc.
It doesn't stop a determined thief taking a car but it sure does slow them down if they have to use a cutting device to get it off and especially with a Disclok, this can damage the steering wheel which makes quick resale less easy (admittedly not so much a concern if they are stealing for parts).

Also often with modern cars they have some sort of tracking facility and so it is not uncommon to find your car a few streets away parked up for a few days to see if it gets recovered by Police / original owner.
There was a case in the media a couple of months ago where a woman recovered her car herself as Police didn't want to know. There was also a case where a woman infoemd Police multiple times and even knew where the car was overnight and the Police did nothing. She tried to recover herself and was threatened by the thief with a crowbar!!

Hope you get your car back but as you suggest relay thefts are a huge problem nowadays as Police don't seem bothered and thieves simply know they will mostly get away with it.

·
Super Moderator
10,469 Posts
i have CCTV FOOTAGE i tried to upload her but was not able
You would need to upload to U-Tube or such & link to that in a post.
Video upload does not work.

As to Nextdoor App. Got a letter about it. Tried it & it was full of adverts, none in relation to our area. Dumped it after a week. Local Facebook group is far better for knowing what is going on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
my friend that got her BMW taken last week had her keys in a faraday case, it took them longer than to steal it than it took mine but they managed to take it. i wish i could upload here, it was crazy took them around 5 to 7 minutes and they didn't give up.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts