Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know why the update release has been delayed?
Autocar for months have been saying February, but their “What’s coming when’ feature is now saying March.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Dunno - it’s on the configurator now. Slightly pricier than before so will be in the luxury car tax band I think.

The interior looks great. Not a fan of the rear lights, but would like to see one in the flesh.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Yes Dunc, luxury car tax bracket now, that will put a lot of owners off now trading up for the new model :unsure:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone, all useful to know.

I‘ll wander over to that configurator now.

dunc69 made a good point about the tax and RRP

Do you know, I think there is a cachet about being in the luxury car tax bracket - I’ve never been there before 🥂
Also, it might help me convince the wife about the car!

Stingbank

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dunno - it’s on the configurator now. Slightly pricier than before so will be in the luxury car tax band I think.

The interior looks great. Not a fan of the rear lights, but would like to see one in the flesh.
dunc69, no sign of the new 3.5 litre engine on the configurator is there?
Am I looking at the right UK configurator?

Stingbank

·
Registered
556 Posts
No, the 3.5 was fake internet news it seems. New car gets the same 3.3 engine with about 2-3 more bhp gleaned from a new exhaust.

See here:

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I think KIA have made a mistake in the pricing of the new vehicle putting it into the "Luxury" Car Tax bracket, personally I don't like the rear lights, new infotainment screen is better, but is the perception that being in the "luxury" tax bracket make the car any more desirable - I don't think so. The original vehicle was (and still is) extremely good value compared to comparable vehicles. Unfortunately some people cannot get past the "KIA" Badging no matter how good the car is.

For Info :

Vehicles with a list price of more than £40,000
You have to pay an extra £325 a year if you have a car or motorhome with a ‘list price’ (the published price before any discounts) of more than £40,000. You do not have to pay this if you have a zero emission vehicle.

You only have to pay this rate for 5 years (from the second time the vehicle is taxed).............. ONLY well thanks a bunch.....

Petrol or diesel £475

Cheers

Phil

P.S. My very low milage Stinger is still for sale at a really good price ;) Come on you know I'm going to plug it as much as I can :LOL:

·
Registered
748 Posts
Annoying about the tax. I'd perhaps ask the dealer for an extra £1625 off the price of the car, to pay for the extra tax. Maybe that's what Johns Stung meant by the offset.

I won't be upgrading - going to make use of the 7 yr warranty, and the lower depreciation towards the end of that period.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Annoying about the tax. I'd perhaps ask the dealer for an extra £1625 off the price of the car, to pay for the extra tax. Maybe that's what Johns Stung meant by the offset.

I won't be upgrading - going to make use of the 7 yr warranty, and the lower depreciation towards the end of that period.
That’s exactly what I meant. Mine when new in April 18 didn’t have a penny off the list price, the new model will be discounted. My dealer has already offered close to 10% off the list price when it arrives. As already stated it will be in the higher tax bracket due to the list price but I think I may end up paying less for the updated model than the original. I’ll be hoping to get a service package thrown in too.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No, the 3.5 was fake internet news it seems. New car gets the same 3.3 engine with about 2-3 more bhp gleaned from a new exhaust.

See here:

See here:

dunc69,
“No, the 3.5 was fake internet news it seems.”
really? I’m glad I asked now, thanks.
Thanks also for that link, it looks really useful. I’ll watch it this evening.

Stingbank

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think KIA have made a mistake in the pricing of the new vehicle putting it into the "Luxury" Car Tax bracket, personally I don't like the rear lights, new infotainment screen is better, but is the perception that being in the "luxury" tax bracket make the car any more desirable - I don't think so. The original vehicle was (and still is) extremely good value compared to comparable vehicles. Unfortunately some people cannot get past the "KIA" Badging no matter how good the car is.

For Info :

You have to pay an extra £325 a year if you have a car or motorhome with a ‘list price’ (the published price before any discounts) of more than £40,000. You do not have to pay this if you have a zero emission vehicle.

You only have to pay this rate for 5 years (from the second time the vehicle is taxed).............. ONLY well thanks a bunch.....

Petrol or diesel £475

Cheers

Phil

P.S. My very low milage Stinger is still for sale at a really good price ;) Come on you know I'm going to plug it as much as I can :LOL:
Just for clarification, would the buyer of your car still have to pay this for what remains of the 5 year period?
I’m guessing it’s yes?

Stingbank

For Info :

Petrol or diesel £475

Cheers

Phil

Phil, it looks like I’m not eligible to send you a PM about your 2020 3.3 V6 TwinTurbo GT-S Stinger Pearl White because I’ve not made more than 20 posts?
Would you be happy to give me your email address?

Stingbank (Peter)

·
Registered
748 Posts
Yeah, so if you got a discount to cover the extra tax when buying the car new, but then sold the car, the new buyer would have the pay the extra tax for the reminder of the 5 year period.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Just for clarification, would the buyer of your car still have to pay this for what remains of the 5 year period?
I’m guessing it’s yes?

Stingbank

Phil, it looks like I’m not eligible to send you a PM about your 2020 3.3 V6 TwinTurbo GT-S Stinger Pearl White because I’ve not made more than 20 posts?
Would you be happy to give me your email address?

Stingbank (Peter)
Hi Peter,
I did try to PM you but the system cannot find you, Not really recommended to put any contact details on an open forum due to the obvious problems you might get. I would suggest doing what other people do, post welcome to the forum posts for new members, post a few photos etc, post back on this etc, should be able to build up your posts quickly and just check if you can PM me - Strange your post count states you have 31 posts.

The other way would be if you are on the forum at a specific time/date I could post a disposable email address that can be deleted straight afterwards (These tend to be valid for only a short time) so that no real contact details are posted online.

Regards

Phil

·
Registered
556 Posts
Yeah, so if you got a discount to cover the extra tax when buying the car new, but then sold the car, the new buyer would have the pay the extra tax for the reminder of the 5 year period.
Yep, just this. It wouldn’t matter to the original buyer though, but might make his car slightly harder to sell.......

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Peter,
I did try to PM you but the system cannot find you, Not really recommended to put any contact details on an open forum due to the obvious problems you might get. I would suggest doing what other people do, post welcome to the forum posts for new members, post a few photos etc, post back on this etc, should be able to build up your posts quickly and just check if you can PM me - Strange your post count states you have 31 posts.

The other way would be if you are on the forum at a specific time/date I could post a disposable email address that can be deleted straight afterwards (These tend to be valid for only a short time) so that no real contact details are posted online.

Regards

Phil
Phil, " ... Not really recommended to put any contact details on an open forum ...' of course, I understand.

You said "Strange your post count states you have 31 posts"

Thanks, I've just figured out how to PM you, I think, so I'll try now :confused:

Peter

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

See here:

See here:

dunc69, just watched that video - excellent. You don’t need to go into a showroom having seen a presentation like that. I’d buy a car from that salesman any day. Why don’t our lot (not just Kia) know their product so well? I wish Brantford had a dealership here! Thanks for sharing that video with us. Stingbank

·
Registered
556 Posts
Haha, no probs and I totally agree, the knowledge of UK cars dealers in relation to their product, and that’s every brand I have bought new from (Skoda, VW, Kia), is absolutely atrocious.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts