Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

Just wanted to introduce myself onto the forum, and my Red Stinger GTS of course. I bought it in September last year as an ex-demo and am so happy with it. Love the ride, the comfort, space and the gadgets - I keep finding new ones - and really love the way it gets down the road. Trouble is with lockdown and everything since owing it I've only managed about 3k miles which I plan to rectify with a few tours I'm planning; initially to Scotland.

Happy to be added to the location map and I'll respond in that thread in due course.

Looking at some of your threads it seems you all feel the same way about your Stinger - what a car and what value.

As I'm new to forums such as this I'll just sit back and listen for a while but I do have a question relating to my planned Scotland trip. I want to upload a gpx file for this tour but whilst I can see the fgpx file on USB when I try to do so in MyPOI it always fails to load. Any advice on how I might be able to upload the tour this way - or am I missing something?

Looking forward to watching the forum - and many thanks for any advice you have to share.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Hi Marcus. Welcome to the forum! You're right, there's no other car at the price with this spec and quality (that I know of!)

I'm afraid I don't know about GPX files - do these allow you to create a route on a computer and then upload to the car? I don't really know how to use the in-built sat nav as always use Google Maps! (although I am thinking of moving over to the built-in nav with a wifi connection to my phone for live traffic in order to make use of directions in the HUD).

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Search for this Adding own POI’s to Kia sat nav this is an old 2015 thread in the Sorento part of the forum, don’t know if it will help or not

cheers

Phil

Reactions: Banzibarn

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Guys - thanks for the welcome and the input. I read that thread on Adding own POI's and it has some ideas I'll try out. To answer Banzibarn's question - a gpx file is an export of a route in a form that should be transferable between different Sat Nav systems. I downloaded one for the Scotland 500 tour (around northern Scotland) and tried to load it but no success. But I'm thinking that trying to do this via MyPOI may be the wrong way to go as this may just be a way of loading your own poi's and not the route - I'll keep playing and let you know if I succeed.

Cheers

Marcus

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is this it? Perhaps, if you wanted to use Google maps via Android Auto or Apple car play, this could be a solution ? Google Maps
Hi - thanks and yes that's the tour I'm looking to do and thanks for the link to Google Maps - have managed to download that to my phone so can use that with Apple Play.

I also managed to work out how to upload MyPOI. You have to upload only POI waypoints in a gpx form - then from that gpx you can select destinations and viewpoints when you plan a route. A bit long winded and you can only add 4 viewpoints for each route which means you have to create a number of routes. Once you have a route you select this for guidance and the sat nav will calculate for you. My starting gpx is attached which loaded okay. Note whilst this is viewable via notepad as it is only text you need to remove the .txt suffix - I had to add this to enable uploading into this conversation. This file holds the waypoints for a number of locations along the route I want. May be of use as an example.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts