Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, brand spanking new member here. I bought a 67 plate GT-S in middle of last year, love the thing so much..

Had a service back in Sept, and think it cost about £280, which wasnt too bad. However i have another service booked this month, which turns out to be its 7th service.. and its £420 !! little more than i expected. How much are the standard service prices, as i had assumed that the £280 one back in Sept was going to be the maximum price for this. Its only done 23k miles.

Any insight is appreciated

Cheers

·
Registered
769 Posts
Hi Steve, welcome!

Definitely get a plan - you can get a price from the link below. I've had my 67 plate GTS for 2 years, and haven't got a plan, but and getting one from my next service onwards!

By the way, out of interest, how's your sunroof? Any rattles or creaks?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Steve, welcome!

Definitely get a plan - you can get a price from the link below. I've had my 67 plate GTS for 2 years, and haven't got a plan, but and getting one from my next service onwards!

By the way, out of interest, how's your sunroof? Any rattles or creaks?
Hey, thanks for the link.. will check that out for sure. yeah sunroof has a little creak, but with the interior cover closed you cant hear anything. is that a common "feature" then ?

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Hi Steve,

Definitely get a service plan as I was told by my dealer when I enquired about all the service costs (without a plan) from what i remember the 10th service is in excess of £900......

Please remember that the KIA service plans are NON Transferable, if you sell the car the service plan goes with the car, you get nothing outstanding back.

I had a Essex Auto Group service plan which is more or less the same as the KIA one but it can be cancelled at any time and any outstanding money returned, so may be worth asking your dealer if they do their own plan

Cheers

Phil

Reactions: GTOldie

·
Registered
769 Posts
Hey, thanks for the link.. will check that out for sure. yeah sunroof has a little creak, but with the interior cover closed you cant hear anything. is that a common "feature" then ?
Yep, roof is a common problem! Kia struggle to fix!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Steve,

Definitely get a service plan as I was told by my dealer when I enquired about all the service costs (without a plan) from what i remember the 10th service is in excess of £900......

Please remember that the KIA service plans are NON Transferable, if you sell the car the service plan goes with the car, you get nothing outstanding back.

I had a Essex Auto Group service plan which is more or less the same as the KIA one but it can be cancelled at any time and any outstanding money returned, so may be worth asking your dealer if they do their own plan

Cheers

Phil
Oh bloody hell, 10th service is a bit of a monster then. thanks for the heads up.
will look at service plans for sure, as i am going to be keeping this car for a few years yet.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Oh bloody hell, 10th service is a bit of a monster then. thanks for the heads up.
will look at service plans for sure, as i am going to be keeping this car for a few years yet.
Welcome Steve, I am a bit concerned you paid £280 for your last service and your next is £420 strange as every other service is just a interim service which is oil and filter change and a general check, I pay about £130 for interim some garages or cheaper but I have been quoted £160, I would phone round mate that price don't ring true not sure where you are but you will get some help from other members I am sure (y)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome Steve, I am a bit concerned you paid £280 for your last service and your next is £420 strange as every other service is just a interim service which is oil and filter change and a general check, I pay about £130 for interim some garages or cheaper but I have been quoted £160, I would phone round mate that price don't ring true not sure where you are but you will get some help from other members I am sure (y)
Ive just phoned 2 different dealers and both came back with pretty much the same prices..
Going by them :
Services 1 to 3 are around £130,
Services 4,5 and 6 jump up to £280
Service 7 is £420
Service 8 is £280
Service 9 goes back down to £130
then the biggy, Service 10 is £855

·
Registered
779 Posts
Strange I was given the price for services 1 to 6 Jan last year, another dealer quote about £30 more on each service! my dealer is service 1. £136 2. £195 3. £136 4. £281 5. £136 6. £288, looks like you need a plan Steve (y)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Strange I was given the price for services 1 to 6 Jan last year, another dealer quote about £30 more on each service! my dealer is service 1. £136 2. £195 3. £136 4. £281 5. £136 6. £288, looks like you need a plan Steve (y)
they are putting a quote together and emailing me on Monday.. after they explained the costs i immediately asked.

So thanks guys for telling me about service plan, i didnt even know it was a thing.

·
Registered
779 Posts
There are 2 types of service plan, the main one is with a company called EMAC that's the one Kia promote on the Kia website and it is sponsored by Kia you just put your reg in and you can chose length of plan normally its the best, but the plan stays with the car if you sell it, I've had 2 plans with them and never had any problems you can take car to any Kia dealer, the other one is dealers own, most dealers don't have their own and just use and sell the EMAC (KIA) one, (y)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Strange how charges differ
For your interest here are the fixed price servicing costs in Australia
1Yr 10000 Kms $324
2Yrs 20000 Kms $511
3Yrs 30000 Kms $445
4Yrs 40000 Kms $815
5Yrs 50000 Kms $365
6Yrs 60000 Kms $701
7Yrs 70000 Kms $871

·
Registered
779 Posts
Strange how charges differ
For your interest here are the fixed price servicing costs in Australia
1Yr 10000 Kms $324
2Yrs 20000 Kms $511
3Yrs 30000 Kms $445
4Yrs 40000 Kms $815
5Yrs 50000 Kms $365
6Yrs 60000 Kms $701
7Yrs 70000 Kms $871
You only have to service once a year :unsure:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yes yearly services unless you exceed the 10000 Km

Reactions: ODONO

·
Registered
769 Posts
I think our 6mth service interval is a bit suspect to be honest, although maybe they feel the longer distances (less stress on engine when cruising) and better weather mean 1 yr is ok in markets like Aus?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts