Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am considering a stinger gts 3.3 turbo but need a vehicle that can also tow a caravan. Can anyone advise what the tow limit is for a 2018 model year? Some information statese 1500kg, the current Kia website states 1000kg. Could someone here clarify what the actual limit is.

Thanks

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi, I am considering a stinger gts 3.3 turbo but need a vehicle that can also tow a caravan. Can anyone advise what the tow limit is for a 2018 model year? Some information statese 1500kg, the current Kia website states 1000kg. Could someone here clarify what the actual limit is.

Thanks
From the manual, 750kg unbraked trailer, 1500kg braked trailer.

·
Registered
92 Posts
OK and thanks, I need to know the gross train weight as stipulated on the V5 or data plate on the vehicle.
Not sure what train weight is so I will give a few figures from my V5:

Revenue weight - 2260kg gross
Max. Permissible mass - 2260kg gross
Mass in service - 1864kg

These are the only things written on it regarding weight.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure what train weight is so I will give a few figures from my V5:

Revenue weight - 2260kg gross
Max. Permissible mass - 2260kg gross
Mass in service - 1864kg

These are the only things written on it regarding weight.
Thanks for the Info

·
Registered
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
1,407 Posts
The gross train weight isn't on the V5, you will find it on the identity plate on the car. On my Sportage the plate isn't obvious, but look on the front passenger door frame (on my car it's at the bottom of the central pillar). On mine the top weight is the revenue weight, the next down is the gross train weight. I hope that helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for that information, if anyone with a stinger could have a look at the vin plate on the door pillar to confirm the weights specified, it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts