Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...been nearly 5 weeks since I last seen a Soul - thinking about going down the dealership and reminding myself how good they look in the flesh (and to see what freebies I can get).

·
Registered
157 Posts
Freebies from Kia u.k. !!?. Unless you get them when you`re doing the deal ,you`ve no hope later.
U.S. Souls seem to get more perks.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
wait till you get the car before you do the worrying....guarding it in the car park....avoiding parking downhill of the trolley bays.....trying to park next to the disabled spaces with their extra door swinging space.....not parking under trees full of birds......not driving on gravely roads.........not following the car in front too close.......oh the joys of a new car!!!!....lol.

The problem with the Soul is, that its so cute - this protecting it from harm dosent lessen with time. My wife thinks i am right royal pain in the derriere......

·
Registered
92 Posts
Because I went for a load of extras, I managed to get the car mats thrown in, but I was lucky to get them. With an average of what seems to be about a 3 month wait for a Tempest, Kia UK dont need to entice sales with freebies......

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Did not get any extra's thrown in however did manage to get a chunk of money off as the dealer was pushing to sell new 10 reg plate cars on 1st of March because sales in general had been slow for them after the subsidy finished. Have the mudflaps on buthave not had time to get anything else done apart from the 12,000 mileservice.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wel, well, well, on my way home from work yesterday, seen a young lady driving a SOUL (yyyyyyaaaaaaaayyyy). Think it may be the Shaker on a 10 plate. Actually seen 2 but realised it was the same car in different part of town - still no Tempest tho.
Tempest, this will be my 5th brand new car and been through all the joys with all of them. I'm a disabled driver so look for the wide spaces whenever I can. My cars are on Motability with 3 year contacts so not too concerned with the gravell chips as they count as "wear & tear" which is acceptable when the car goes back -but still treat them like my baby's.

I remember in a local S/store once, I was in the loading bay (loading the boot) when this pillock parked behind me in an old Accord drove past and clipped my bumper moving my 3 month old Focus forward and I'm standing there watching. I started shouting obcenities at hin, he apologises with his missus is laughing the car. I was just about to open her car door and smack her in the gob when he speeds off. Lucky there was no damage. Some people just don't care.
Edited by: Taffy 49

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I was in York afew years ago driving round a car park hoping that somebody would go home.I saw a car pull out and I was almost next to it and just pulled in to the space when about 2 minutes later a felt a bump looked up and there was aHonda with a rather posh older women driver in a flowery frock demanding that I move as she had been driving round the car park looking for a space and she thought it was her turn to park.She did not cause any damage but she did run in to my car,I pointed out that the car at that time was a company car and so she could cause as much damage as she wished. She then threatened to push me out of the way and turned out astring of obsenities that would have made a miner blush.Iwas laughing so much that after another round of swearing she went roaring up the car park just as another car went into a space recently vacated which must have really upset her because she left the car park with smoke coming off her front tyres. So much for genteel old ladies but why do they drive Honda's, ?

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
i was actually sat in my brand new (my previous fiat) and some old couple in a yaris just drove into the side of it and hit the rear wheel!!!!....i jumped out the car and started shouting at the old guy.....and his wife jumped out and screamed at me to stop shouting at him .."because he was still upset from the accident he had had yesterday!!!!!".

His car was a six month old yaris - with not a straight panel on it!!!. No damage to my fiat - the rear tyre took the bump. I always park at the far end of the carpark out the way.....my wife always comments that that is where all the bad parkers go too.......she had to be right eventually!!!!..lol

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ahh! nice day off work watching the "7's" from India. Two classic's there gents. The guy who parks next to me in work isn't the best and always has dinks & dents on his car - always someone elses fault tho. I do tend to give him an extra wide birth. People who don't care for their own property, won't care for anyone elses.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
When I was running company cars in the late 70s we used,don't ask me why, British Leyland cars.I was running a Truimph at that time and I dropped one of the lads at the garage to pick up his shiny new Morris Marina. Went back to the office to be greated bythe message ,can you go down and pick John up his car is not working ! Went down to be greated with the sight of a burnt out Morris 200yards from the garage at the first roundabout. John said that he braked for the roundabout there was a big crackling noise and the lot went up within 2 minutes. Thet don't make them liked they used to.We used to take bets at the two Northern offices to see if the new cars would make it from the London office after picking them up.We used to change the cars at 50k which was about 7 months driving for me.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
This is before my time.....but the company i used to work for in Leeds bought a fleet of Ford Corsairs.....all lined up brand spanking new in the company car park on the morning. 2 hours later a lorry took Crown Point corner too fast - it took out a row of lamp posts......one of which went through the roof of 4 of the Corsairs. All the Corsairs were replaced by Ford within 4 hours!!!!.......and you lot are waiting 3 months for a Kia!!!!.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tempest, I went to my local Ford Dealer asking for information on the new 51 plate Focus - I'm still waiting 9 years later. I'll never go there again. Went to a different dealer for it in the end. How times change.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I enquired about a 1999 Puma at the local dealer, £16000 new with the extras I wanted, 6 months later got a full Uk spec one from Spain with all the extras for just under £9000, by the time it was imported and all the duty paid it came to about £11500, so thanks to Fords lack of customer care, I saved a great amount of money............ Oh and I am still waiting for the phone call from them to let me know when they have one in stock........

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
TempesTony said:
I enquired about a 1999 Puma at the local dealer, £16000 new with the extras I wanted, 6 months later got a full Uk spec one from Spain with all the extras for just under £9000, by the time it was imported and all the duty paid it came to about £11500, so thanks to Fords lack of customer care, I saved a great amount of money............ Oh and I am still waiting for the phone call from them to let me know when they have one in stock........
A Puma...... nice motor!!!.....and here is me thinking the Tempest was your first decent car......

·
Registered
39 Posts
Does the new Tempest still have the black wheels or the silver, because when ours arrived the sales person said it arrived with silver and they had to take the black wheels off the one in the showroom,or was that porkies I wonder. Got it in march.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts