Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Popped in on the dealer yesterday for an update who announced still no news yet - got another 18 days yet so maybe a bit premmy...........did you see the rain in the Korean GP.........hope my Tempest was indoors.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I share your pain, i have another 7 weeks to go and im already getting impatient. How long were you told for delivery?

·
Registered
118 Posts
me to, i'm still waiting. I was told by dealer mid oct - mid nov for delivery but never given a specific date. Oh i wish i had more patience.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine was ordered on 12/08/10 - 3 months seems to be the norm now. Mine's on Motability which is how I know what date I'm picking it up - even if it comes in tomorrow - can't take ownership before the said date.

Imagine Lisa, I used to drive past the garage that supplied my current C4 on my way to work. Had to look at it every day for 6 weeks before I got my hands on it - the pain, the pain.......
Edited by: Taffy 49

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
The soul looks like ithas become a victim of its ownsuccess, discounts appear to be small and the waiting time long.Are you all waiting for auto boxes on diesels ,is that the reason its taking so long or are they now starting to get popular. When I got my Tempest CRDi manual in March the dealer has just had a bonanza on sales of the smaller cars with the £2k off. That had finished and they had only sold the odd Soul anyway so they were falling over themslves to sell one.It had only come in that week and they had just cleaned it,they were just driving it in to position in the showroom.I said I wanted it,we agreed a very good price and I collected it the following week on the 2nd of March. I feel sorry for you all ,you will have to wait to find out how great the Soul is !

·
Registered
71 Posts
I think the other two are waiting on auto diesels from what i read on another thread but im waiting for a manual diesel.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With me it's a little different as stated above Dave. With Motability you have the chance to order a car 3 momths before your present car's contract ends. The dealer didn't seem to worried about any problems. Here's hoping.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I enjoyed the Korean Grand Prix, thought we might have seen some Soul's about but not even an advertising hoarding - I think Kia and Hyundai missed a trick there. My son is on a Hyundai apprentaship, and as I think the I 20 is basicaly the same(not bodywork)as a Soul, he may be able to do my servicing later - heck, they have got to be good for something
Edited by: Foxy

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
there is a lot of commonality with the i20 apparently. I considered having my Soul serviced at Hyundai (they are a fab dealer)... and the hyundai mechanic admitted that a lot of the hyundai bits arrive in kia boxes.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Considering Kia is Hyundai's baby that would make sense - lots of conformity makes for a cheap product - hopefully not at our expense - I wonder if Hyundai's have paint issues?

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
my wifeys hyundai is 10 years old and the paint is beautiful and bulletproof....... i bought the kia thinking the car would be more of the same.....how wrong i was.

Hyundai are now claiming that their paint is better than the best in the world for quality...... i think they need to sort Kia out before making claims like that.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I have checked my paint Tempest and I cannot fault it on my 10tempest,a few very small stone chips on the bonnet which takes some finding.I think the two pack paint they all use now is not as good in many ways as the old type. The tempest seem to have everything on it inc camara which again I have found is really good,dark glass,heated mirrors etc.The only thing it did not have was the sun roof which I don't like anyway.The sound system is great and apart from a few items that the new one has on such as thecomputer and bluetoothwhich may have been handy ,it would have saved me installing the Parrot hands free, I think for what I paid it is fantastic value for money.Now it's had the 12k service it runs better and the MPG has got slightly better,got 49mpg last time which for how I drive is pretty good. All in all it's great though I must agree Hyundia are good,the Sonata I ran had huge miles on it in a very short time and never let me down at all,it still looked good after the high mileage.

·
Registered
78 Posts
You said it, Tempest, your wifey's? car is 10 years old and the paint is good - better than the paint on your Soul and mine no doubt

Edited by: Foxy

·
Registered
157 Posts
My neighbour has a Hyundai i20 ,same age as my Soul and the paint is unmarked. Wish Kia applied the same quality control standards.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I feel you pain as i thought all would go to plan with our Motability car and it would be changed a week today but not gonna happen......Been given a ETA today of 10th Dec 10....We'll see

1 - 18 of 18 Posts