Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2003 sedona 2.9 manual.
tyre pressure ok, power steering fluid ok, ( no leaks ), but steering very stiff after being parked up overnight and stiffer than normal through the day, used to be able to turn steering with 1 finger but need the arms of garth to do it now, and its not really self centreing..and still pulling to the left

is it the power steering pump, >? or maybe a steering rack >?

the belt is still there, and im not loosing any fluid. had it checked out by my local garage and he thinks its ok as its not making any noises when you turn the steering wheel, and no fluid lost.

any idea's anyone

if you have ide be grateful for some feedback, either via here or you can email me at

[email protected]

cheers

Tony

·
Registered
141 Posts
are you getting fluid movement if the reservoirbottle.
it will need to be checked for presure if there is not enough presure it can do this but if there is a blockage in the rack can do it aswell i had that hapenon a old ford granada and was the rack it would hard turning one way only some times then goty worse.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
many thanks for the advice, ive had a word with my neighbour who works for BMW, and he said something about a balancer valve, thats on the steering rack, keeps pressure even .he thinks thats why my seering isnt self centreing.
I will get the car booked in next week and get it sorted, if i dont im gona end up looking like
hulk hogan

cheerts for the help
tony

·
Registered
22 Posts
most common concern on sedona is the intermediate shaft which joins the rack to the columnit has a universal joint which can be seen from under the car they are VERY common for becoming siezed or if bad enough will open up

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers for the advice minimee,, just got the car back from my mates garage and he thinks the same as you, so ive been on to my local Kia dealer,, (gulp)..

heading up there tomorrow to order the intermediate shaft (bottom u/joint), at a cost of

£131.00,, apparantly there are some on thier way on a ship and should be here by the end of

next week,

thanks for all the advice, and keep it up,,

cheers

tony R

1 - 5 of 5 Posts