Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our Picanto is a 66 plate, with around 50,000 miles on the clock, so still well within the warranty period.

I've just had the 5th service and about a week before the service appointment the clutch pedal has suddenly become really stiff to press.
So I reported it to the garage so they could investigate while they had the car.

Their response was that it was stiff, but not the worst they had seen, but if I wanted it fixed then I'd have to pay for the new clutch. However, it if broke completely then the warranty would cover this.

Has anyone else had similar issues - quite clearly something isn't right?

Thanks

·
Registered
225 Posts
Our Picanto is a 66 plate, with around 50,000 miles on the clock, so still well within the warranty period.

I've just had the 5th service and about a week before the service appointment the clutch pedal has suddenly become really stiff to press.
So I reported it to the garage so they could investigate while they had the car.

Their response was that it was stiff, but not the worst they had seen, but if I wanted it fixed then I'd have to pay for the new clutch. However, it if broke completely then the warranty would cover this.

Has anyone else had similar issues - quite clearly something isn't right?

Thanks
Sounds like another typical stealer fob off to me..in other words we can't be ar$ed to sort it but also hoping that they won't have to pay out for a new clutch..win win for them..not conversant with the Picanto but if its like my Venga then there wouldn't be that much to check out yourself..first stop would be at the pedal box and the pivot point for the pedal which might have a dry or worn bush..then look at the slave cylinder to see if all is ok there..its hydraulic so shouldn't need bleeding

1 - 2 of 2 Posts