Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I have a 2010 Picanto 1 which has a double din size stereo. However, I would like to replace the stereo with my old single DIN Sony unit because the Sony unit has bluetooth, an I-Pod port and a USB port and also a clock.!

I am guessing I need a double DIN to Single DIN converter amongst other things like maybe an antenna adapter. Has anyone done this conversion before and is it viable? I am also guessing to do this would invalidate my warranty. I can't see how the double DIN unit comes out anyway so I would probabaly have to pay a professional to do it (if it is possible). Any Ideas or pointers would be much appreciated

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi John,

I have a Kia Picanto Spice (2011) which has the same stereo as your old one. Is the unit you replaced it with a regular double DIN? I'm desperate to get rid of the rubbishy standard unit and the guys at Halfords keep telling me that the one in there isn't standard.

Many thanks

Karen

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes it is a standard unit. Keep away from halfords they crap. Also one minute they are pushing trolleys in Tesco then working selling audio in halfords.

I just ordered off internet shop

1 - 7 of 7 Posts