Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, OK, the time has come to replace the stock stereo in my 09 Carens GS.

I have a screwdriver in hand and am notafraidto use it
. I'll be poking around the dash to see if I can somehow get it off!!! I have a DINfascia to make things nice and tidy.

My question is .... I'm assuming I should disconnect the battery? Will this cause any problems that I should know about when I re connect everything up?

Regards and thanks
Phil.

·
Registered
476 Posts
No need to disconnect the battery, they are all "plug & play" connectors once you've managed to get the surround off & the stereo out.

PS: Use a plastic "spatula" if you haven't got the proper tool to release the dash surround, a screwdriver = scratches normally!
Edited by: Supacabby

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol, thanks for the info supercabby. I like the use of the term "managed" to get the surround off ;-)

I'm going in .... wish me luck ..... if you dont see me again tell the wife n kids Dad loved'em!

Phil.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, update.

I got a trim removal tool to do the job. I found out the hard way that the trim around the gear stick comes off a lot easier if you lever up, and not down! What I mean is .... when you have purchase between the twopiecesof trim, push the trim tool towards the roof!

I hope this helps at least one person!

Phil.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Even easier and less likely to damage if you remove the gator round the gearstick then put your hands in and give a sharp tug on the surround. it will come away giving access to 2 screws which willl release the centre console and another few tugs on that trim reveal all the goddies you need access to. I'm in the process of fitting a Pioneer avh-P4300 to my 06 Caren's already fitted puddle lights and more blue neon than you can shake a stick at. No I'm not a boy racer but an old git trying to recapture his youth lol
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/36594410/IMG_0557.JPGhttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/36594410/IMG_0558.JPG

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would not think the reversing camera and stereo have any affect on the warranty, the lights may do but unless it's an electrical fault again I can't see how it would affect it. Mines has run out know anyway.If your conserned call Kia direct.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts