Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

2 months ago I bought a Rio2 Diesel, it's a 58 plate and it had got 20K on it, now it's 30K as I do 120Miles back and to work.

I love the car and the fuel economy and hope it will last me for a good few years.

Only question I have is to do with the sterring lock. On my old Astra when I took the key out of the igntion the steering lock came on. On my Rio this doesnt happen and I have to turn the steering wheel about 1/2 a turn before it engages.

Surely this can't be doing the tyres and steering any good.

Does anybody know if it's meant to be like this or has mine got a problem?

·
Registered
328 Posts
I think it is the same on all Rio's, as its the same on mine.

I dont bother putting the steering lock on (same procedure as you described above) as I have had a couple of instances really fiddling about just to get my key out of the ignition.

I dont think its a problem though so I will happily live with it.

Like yourself I also had an Astra previously, how do you think they compare ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am very pleased with it, get about 60mpg on the motorway and don't find travelling 120 miles a day a chore in it.

Main things I miss are my remote central locking and electric mirrors, Trip computer and electric rear windows on old car were nice too.

I have to admit I do like it, it's about to have it's 3rd service and have 2 new front tyres, it's still on the originals all round.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I am glad you like it.

For me the only thing I miss is the outside temp gauge.
It was nice to have an early warning of icy conditions.

I am still toying with the idea of adding my own outside temp gauge next to the clock.
It seems alot of hassle but could be worth it in the long run.

My wife has an Astra 2.0l DTI that feels (and sounds) like a heavy tractor compared to the Rio.
For what its worth, the Astra 2.0l is marginly quicker but there is not much difference in performance and the Rio still wins at the pumps!

Edited by: diddy1234

1 - 5 of 5 Posts