Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,798 Posts
I would say that is not great, I would expect better, but at 69,000 km (approx 43,000 miles) the dealer will probably say fair wear and tear. But you won't know until you ask.

·
Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
1,033 Posts
This is happen...is this normal??i think no..
The car has just 69.000km

Have you had the car from new? If not, I'd suspect the previous owner might have had some sort of wheel lock, or just very rough hands.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello..the kia dealer call me to say that they recive new stering whell...but I must pay montage??

Why is montage not under garanty??

The stering wel is free but montage must pay?

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
is this normal?
Do you or the other drivers wear a ring on your finger while driving?
I've seen rings causing this or at least starting this type of damage. Sun screen or some hand creams affect the leather, polyurethane thermoplastic or whatever it is made from, so avoid hand cream just prior to driving to keep the new wheel looking new.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Ours is perfect still, but we've only covered about 21,000 miles in ours.

I remember my mum had a Vauxhall Corsa and only after 11,000 miles the steering wheel trim had funny rippling. The dealership accused her of all sorts of things, hand cream, rings etc. It was on the right side of the wheel, she doesn't wear rings on her right hand. Also, she's had numerous cars over her lifetime and it's never happened to any of them.

Vauxhall just needed to admit the build quality on the car was shocking, (as there were other issues to). She'd never buy another Vauxhall.

·
Super Moderator
3,798 Posts
I've have read that some medicines, in particular blood pressure pills, can have an effect on leather type surfaces. From what I remember the oils on the skin contain some of the drug that can cause materials to deteriorate. The recommendation is to clean surfaces on a regular basis.
A quick search found an article on the Leather Doctor which states:
Medications are an essential part of everyday life for many people. What is little understood however, is that many oil based vitamins such as fish oil tablets and medications (including but not limited to diabetes and heart as well as many cancer treatments) can contribute to damaging your leather furniture. The reason for this is, in its simplest explanation, is that many medications or vitamins add a potency or acidity to our sweat and body oils. When this sweat and body oil are exposed to leather, they work quickly to break down the top coat seal of leather surfaces.

Reactions: Jack Daniels

·
Registered
572 Posts
I think this is going to be more common as people have used hand sanitiser during the pandemic, not just steering wheels but door handles switches etc.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts