Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've got a 2013 proceed gt which has just developed an issue when starting it, it started OK this morning, parked up at work for 7 hours, went to start it and it cranked over for ages before it started, however the rev counter didn't work and had a traction control warning light come up, turned it off and restarted it all was OK, 5 miles later stopped to get petrol, car only just started, no rev counter and same light, as was close to home didn't restart until I got home, all was OK, anyone any ideas,
And I apologise if this is in the wrong place but I'm assuming this engine is used in other kia models.
Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi thanks, just plugged it in to my delphi diags no codes, I'm thinking crankshaft sensor, has been really hot here today, just went out to the car and it started OK first time, so guessing heat is a factor, had a similar problem with a 4x4 that wouldn't start when the engine was hot, that was the crankshaft sensor.

·
Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
1,011 Posts
Is your 12v battery in good health?

The original in my Proceed developed in an intermittent fault that meant sometimes there was power to start it, sometimes there wasn't. And under-voltage batteries can make your dials and lights do crazy stuff.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I'm wondering if strain of winding it over to get it to starts does indeed cause the dash issue, I'll replace the crankshaft sensor and see if it was the problem

·
Registered
551 Posts
The rev counter not working can be the clue, it gets its signal from the crank sensor, although low volts cause dash issues.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Moneys on crank sensor. Fault codes are usually not raised during cranking. rev counter also ponts to this.
Immobiliser issues would show as key symbol staying lit during starting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts