Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, im new on this Forum. . Hi have a 2003 Kia Carens. 1.8 petrol which has a LPG conversion.I am currently having problems starting my car.The problem isintermittent. This only happens when the engine is cold. Its fine once the engine is warm. All I seem to get is the Starter motor turning over but the engine does not fire up. Sometimes it can take three or four attempts before the car starts. I have to pump the accelerator aswell to start it. The engine cuts out if I try to pull away before the LPG kicks in thou. I have to wait for several minutes before I can pull away. I have had the car in a garage and a diagnostic test had said it was the Air flow mass meter. I have put one on but it seems not to of changed anything. I have also put new filters on, Could this be a sensor fault somewhere?Does anybody have any ideas please? Would be much appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi viking Paul. Its an automaticswitch-overwhich changes from petrol to Gas. I know this as I have a indicator next to the steering wheel. The problem persits when I switch the Gas Manually off and run on just petrol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts