Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, My 2009 (Oct) Ceed 1 has recently developed a problem, occassionally when I turn the key, the engine turns but doesn't catch. After 2 or 3 attempts it eventually starts. I left it into the dealer, but they couldn't find anything ! Other times, it starts but immediately stops. So far I haven't been left stranded, but I fear it's only a matter of time.
Has anyone come across this problem with the Ceed ?

Thanks,
Tony

·
Registered
437 Posts
Immobiliser Antenna coil.
When it doesnt start try again but turn ignition on first and look for the imobiliser light, should be an orange car with a silohette of a key in the middle. If that light is not on when ignition is switched on thecar will not start, just turn over like you say. Keep turning ignition off and on again until that immobiliser light comes on and then it will start. Also try the other key with the same process, if it never plays up with spare key then it will be a faulty original key.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Well, I dont know how you can diagnose that from the OPs description.
The description also suggests fuel starvation.

Also the daiagnosis (not withstanding the immobiliser possibility) is significantly different depending on engine/fuel type which the OP doesnt mention, or have I missed something?

·
Registered
437 Posts
I speak from experience and knowledge but if TonyFlan checks that immo light the next time they have trouble it will either confirm or rule out my opinion

1 - 7 of 7 Posts