Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only recently purchased a 2017 venga 4 and has my 1st issue yesterday. It started ok when I went shopping but when I pushed the start button after shopping the power came on then went straight off but the engine didn’t start. When I pushed the start button without depressing t clutch again the power came on then went straight off. I rolled the car forward to push start noting happened and after just about giving up I tried 1 last time and it started. I’d this likely to happen again and what do I need to to to fix it?

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Mmm tough one this.. is the car a petrol or diesel engine.. mine is petrol and has no start button.. explain what you mean by " Power came on then went straight off but the engine didnt start.. ? have a look when you turn on the ignition if the immobiliser is solid red or flashing..are your battery cable connections ok..

How did you get the car home.. did you use a breakdown service and if so did the technician have a look..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mmm tough one this.. is the car a petrol or diesel engine.. mine is petrol and has no start button.. explain what you mean by " Power came on then went straight off but the engine didnt start.. ? have a look when you turn on the ignition if the immobiliser is solid red or flashing..are your battery cable connections ok..

How did you get the car home.. did you use a breakdown service and if so did the technician have a look..
1.5 petrol and no warn lights on the dashboar. The Interior lights came on when I opened the door but nothing happened when I depressed the clutch then pressed the start button other than the radio came on then went off with the middle display a the radio saying goodbye. It did start normally after about 5 attempt.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
1.5 petrol and no warn lights on the dashboar. The Interior lights came on when I opened the door but nothing happened when I depressed the clutch then pressed the start button other than the radio came on then went off with the middle display a the radio saying goodbye. It did start normally after about 5 attempt.
Diesel then.. sound a bit like a battery problem.. check the negative and positive connections on the battery.. also check if you have a multimeter how much power the battery has .. so after 5 attempts it started and cranked over ok ? this might also be a switch on the clutch pedal not making a good connection.. and also might be a crank sensor glitch.. just a few of the possible problems it may be..If it continues get it checked over

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.