Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starter has just started playing up on my 2005 CRDi Autosometimes clicks, but up to now it starts after a few goes.

Any help on this?
seen a solenoid kit on ebay, is this what I need?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Does sound like the solenoid sticking might be worth a go cheaper than a starter motor.

·
Registered
662 Posts
m623d said:
So is that kit on eBay the one. I need?

beware there are three diffrent makes of starter fitted to Sedona (Denso, Poosung, Nando) all three have diffrent fittings and solinoids you have to remove yours to see whats fitted

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok, whipped the starter out and the solenoid contacts have all but warn away.cleaned em up best I can and refitted (need car today) and fingers crossed, all ok at the min.
Ive ordered the repair parts off fleabay £13.50 and will fit them once they arrive.

·
Registered
390 Posts
m623d said:
ok, whipped the starter out and the solenoid contacts have all but warn away.cleaned em up best I can and refitted (need car today) and fingers crossed, all ok at the min.
Ive ordered the repair parts off fleabay £13.50 and will fit them once they arrive.
Hi. How's the starter motor going.Post the outcome of the e bay purchase please as mine has started playing up the past few days. If the 'repair' kit works then I will try that before a starter motor. I am watching the repair kit on e bay so if you happy with it I will buy.
Thanks
Steve Gx Blackpool
My Sedona is having a Golden Service at Kia Blackpool, £189. This has been reduced from over £200+ last year, have asked them to have a quick listen to the statrer too.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
HI, since i removed the starter and cleaned the contacts it hasnt missed a beat. I havent removed it to fit the ebay parts yet, but willdo after xmas.I am happy that this was the problem and the parts will fix it 100%.
Its only a matter of time before the worn parts start playing up again.
I did make a note of the part numbers of the starter whilst it was removed, to make sure I ordered the correct repair kit.
It took me 2 hours to remove, clean up and refit, and that was not knowing exactly how to remove,strip etc, so next time I expect it will prob take around an hour.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok, went out to the car today and it 'clicked' once, so gonna need to whip it out and fit the new parts.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
done it a couple more times today out of around 30 starts, hoping itll hold up till Sunday....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts