Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
have to say even though I have the AWD version, in 2WD mode in the snow last year the car was excellent, the extra weight and large tyres ensured the car handled really well in the thick stuff

·
Registered
140 Posts

mluxton wrote :-

"have to say even though I have the AWD version, in 2WD mode in the snow last year the car was excellent, the extra weight and large tyres ensured the car handled really well in the thick stuff
"

How do you switch off the AWD to get into 2WD mode ?

·
Registered
52 Posts
belgrave said:

mluxton wrote :-

"have to say even though I have the AWD version, in 2WD mode in the snow last year the car was excellent, the extra weight and large tyres ensured the car handled really well in the thick stuff "

How do you switch off the AWD to get into 2WD mode ?

·
Registered
52 Posts
i think they are whats called as all year round tyres and not specifically winter or snow tyres. they should cope in 4wd on modest amounts of fresh snow but could be problematic on hard baked snow. I dont hold out a lot of hope on my kx3 on baked snow looking at the tread pattern. But i could be proved wrong?

·
Registered
52 Posts
mcgoo44 said:
I've got the 2WD so I'm thinking of investing in a set of winter tyres
Money well spent in my book mcgoo, there was light snow on our mountain yesterday evening and it was little above freezing during a heavy rain spell so winters on its way, go asap and get your tyres as there could be shortages like last year. everybody waits till the snow falls before they look about winter tyres, most dont realise they are great on the icy roads before the snow comes.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
mcgoo44 said:
I've got the 2WD so I'm thinking of investing in a set of winter tyres

2WD or 4WD they are a good idea. 4WD alone will help you go forwards but that's no help if you can't actually point the car in the direction you want to go, or stop when and where you want to.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts