Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
@Kia Customer Service Could you give us a quick answer to why the Standard-class Gen5W Navigation(Jong-e) is missing most of the recent UI changes?.

The new Sportage has them all, older Kia's have them, EV6 do not have them.... The update site notification site lists Standard-class Gen5W Navigation as should be having them, but not in the EV6?

Missing this new UI theme.

Purple Font Line Violet Display device

Missing these new map themes?

Purple Human body Rectangle Organism Violet

Missing the over all new UI system wide.

Font Electronic device Technology Multimedia Display device

Super Moderator

Registered
MY21 Stonic GT-Line S ISG MHEV iMT - sw220211 - map14.47.48.631.401.5
Those changes pre-date the EV6
Those were introduced back in 2020 and they simply extended it to other models.
while yours is the Jong-e interface which is different.

Reactions: bydandie

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
To be clear just what is missing?
Sorry, all these images show UI features which are not on the EV6, no purple/pink theme, new icons missing, over all UI is different, no map colours to pick from. The themes and uI may predate the EV6, but the update came out the week I got my EV6 to this update doesn't predate the EV6. Kia are possibly making Jong-e interface changes for spring 2022 in this big update people talk about.

Super Moderator
Sorry, all these images show UI features which are not on the EV6, no purple/pink theme, new icons missing, over all UI is different, no map colours to pick from. The themes and uI may predate the EV6, but the update came out the week I got my EV6 to this update doesn't predate the EV6. Kia are possibly making Jong-e interface changes for spring 2022 in this big update people talk about.
Can you post some pictures from your screen please. (a menu will do) remember that as a EV they may be different & not have exactly the same features.
From looking at some U-Tube video's it seems EV6 gets a more blue look, which is better than the Magenta, as Kia call it look. (y)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts