Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the Rio 3 for month now and seemed to have developed a squeek on the clutch. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
234 Posts
No squeeks as such but get a bit of clutch judder when pulling away think it may be damp weather as it seems ok when dry,just have to give it a few more revs to stop it.
Also talking of squeeks my dash has a few creaks when going over bumps been to dealers and have booked it in to have the 'Crash Pad' padded up,seems that some Cee'd 's also have this problem.
But still think the car is brill'

·
Registered
20 Posts
hi riotrio, had my 1.4crdi 3 for i month and i to havea squeeky clutch pedal been to dealers they sprayed something on the pedal butthe squeek has come back anyone got any ideas

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fraid not Kia gray. Car spent day @ dealers who found nothing. Went to drive away and squeaked again! Turns out it's the steering wheel. - had to book back in again! LOL!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Mine needs a new clutch master cylinder after only 1400 miles as the clutch squeaks really bad, dealer going to fit next Friday, disappointing for a new Korean car as everybody states how reliable they are - previously did 120k in a Peugeot with no issues?!

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Its only a sqeak Aston, its not like it has fallen apart. It cannot be labeled as an unreliable car as the part has not failed, as in it still operates the clutch but it only squeaks. Annoying ? yes very annoying had that on a VX Cavalier but it was a cable operated clutch, cure a good spray with white grease on all pivot points on the clutch pedal box.
In my opinion I doubt if Kia UK would agree to a new master cylinder if its only a squeak, I would have thought it had to fail before they would pay for all parts and labour costs. Maybe the garage is doing it at cost to themselves to keep good customer / dealer relationship.

Edited by: davy

·
Registered
53 Posts
Davy,

With respect it is not the clutch pedal that is at fault - the dealership disconnected it and the master cylinder squeaked very loudly and the clutch pedal didn't hence they are replacing it under warranty.

The pivot points had all been lubricated.

Glen

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Hi Glen, I did understand it was the master cylinder that squeaked on your car. I was just agreeing with you how annoying it is as I had a similar noise on a cable operated clutch on a Cavalier I owned years ago.
I hope you get sorted and have a squeak free car

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi,
I got the Kia Rio 1.1air. I got the squeaky clutch too. Took it to the dealer and they tried to grease it when I took it in. No change in the squeak. I have to take it in on Friday for repairs! I was supprised as it is brand new.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi Davy, OK no probs - now that the garage has ordered a master cylinder the dreaded squeak has stopped so when the mechanic sprayed my clutch pedal the oil must have penetrated over the weekend and stopped the squeak so hopefully it has disappeared and I can talk about something else!

Had another drama over the weekend though a pheasant went into the front grille so I have got a new one from a dealer (only £37).
Trouble is I have to take the front bumper off to fit it so should be fun - I wonder how much a garage would charge?

Regards,

Glen.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
It is abit annoying having to take the bumper off just to replace a grille. On my MK2 Rio you can just get in to undo the screws that holds the grille on. I had to do this when fitting twin horns, its tight but its do-able

·
Registered
53 Posts
Update; Kia state I have that I have to have my clutch master cylinder replaced (squeak has returned anyway) so I expect there will be a recall for everyone else....

·
Registered
177 Posts
Mine has gone into Carr and Griffiths today. Annoyingly the squeak quietened slightly while I was on route to the flipping garage. Typical. However it was audible and the Kia rep acknowledged the issue. They were very helpful and setup a courtesy car in no time. Will see what they say later today.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mine went in for the third time yesterday to get the master cylinder replaced. Haven't driven yet so will report in later. Obviously a real problem for the model.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Picked mine up the same day it went in. Just greased the slave cylinder and its fine again now. Only time will tell if it sorts it for good.

·
Registered
525 Posts
OO Agent said:
Picked mine up the same day it went in. Just greased the slave cylinder and its fine again now. Only time will tell if it sorts it for good.

My Dealer did the same thing and the squeak is back, so back in on the 20th for another try.....

·
Registered
177 Posts
Here's hoping mine behaves itself. Hope yours gets properly resolved too pal.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts