Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all,

I have 1.4 petrol 2019 ceed. I noticed that (especially now when weather is warmer) that I slowly press and release clutch it squeak. Does anybody has similar problem and how did you solve it? I really don't like idea of randomly spray clutch area with grease or something like that.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
The link below explains how to fix it. Randomly Spraying is not necessary. Spray grease lasted a few months after getting it in the right place, last time I used fluid film which is still holding.

Fluid film comes with an applicator hose and nozzle. Blind off 2 of the 3 nozzle openings with hot glue or heat. Just by using feel alone you should be able to push the nozzle into place directing the remaining nozzle at the clutch fork fulcrum head only.
You may feel the nozzle passing between the sides of the spring clip, clashing with the fulcrum hex, just retract a mm then bend it towards the fork.
Practice makes perfect try this several times before actually Spraying.
Only a minute spray is required when the nozzle is in position.
After Spraying, push the fork away from the fulcrum with your thumb to let the lubricant run between the fulcrum and fork.

However, shouldn't the dealer do this for you on a 2019 model, under warranty? Could be other issues like lack of grease on the splines. Have you consulted a dealer?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hello to all,

I have 1.4 petrol 2019 ceed. I noticed that (especially now when weather is warmer) that I slowly press and release clutch it squeak. Does anybody has similar problem and how did you solve it? I really don't like idea of randomly spray clutch area with grease or something like that.
You have warranty just use that instead of doing something you’re self.

·
Super Moderator
4,968 Posts
You have warranty just use that instead of doing something you’re self.
Because sometimes it is quicker & easier.. (y)

Also add in it may not even be covered if it is simply a lack of lubrication. You are then ending up paying for inspection & cost of them spraying a bit of lube for £££

Reactions: Phil in Wales
1 - 4 of 4 Posts