Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My front interior fan is a bit squeaky on pos 1 (slow)where is it located?
I wanna squirt some silicon spray in it to shut it up, maybe a squirt down the intake will do it?

any advise?
Thanks

·
Registered
543 Posts
I would give it a go it can't do any harm it maybe a leaf jammed in there I had one in my picanto and done my head in . And gave a squirt of wd 40 and did the trick :)

·
Registered
543 Posts
I squirted mine up the fan located in side for the cabin circulation but not sure where yours is in your model :(

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking of squirting up the intake with it switched on, to draw it to the fan.The intake will be outside somewhere

·
Registered
422 Posts
Watch it doesn't cause a fire - WD 40 is very inflammable - I've used it to start my barbecue!

·
Registered
702 Posts
alcutler said:
m623d said:
I am gonna use silicon spray.Anyone know where the intake is?
Best place to spray it would be to remove the pollen filter and spray in there!

The only downside to WD40 is the smell, I used to have a Rover 827 Coupe and they are always having fan motor problems and the way to quiten the squeal is to use a spray but it does leave a lasting ordour in the car.

·
Registered
422 Posts
bruno1926 said:
alcutler said:
m623d said:

The only downside to WD40 is the smell, I used to have a Rover 827 Coupe and they are always having fan motor problems and the way to quiten the squeal is to use a spray but it does leave a lasting ordour in the car.
He needs some Glade - that Lavender ones nice

·
Registered
543 Posts
Pollen filters are usually located in a plastic housing in the passenger foot well usually a box with a couple of clips or two fixing screws holding the housing together

·
Registered
399 Posts
bruno1926 said:
alcutler said:
m623d said:

Hi as was earlier reported WD 40 is FLAMMMABLE!! as long as the fan motor is not sparking it might be ok. Have seen an engine on fire when someone squirted WD 40 onto igntion leads while they were arcing', "bonfire"!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
I've got a noisy leaf stuck in my heater as well. Working on the principle that leaves are biodegradeable, I've calculated that in roughly 9.5 years it will have disintegrated enough to give me a quiet fan again.

In the mean time just turn the radio up.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Arrrrrrrrrgh it's sooo annoying isn't it?
I have to have Dire Straits on full blast so that I can't hear it.
DON'T use WD40 - I used it like a flame thrower to ignite my November 5th bonfire, I don't think there's a more flammable spray!
If anyone finds where to spray a silicon lubricant please tell the rest of us...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts