Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my Sportage serviced which included oil/filter change. I checked the oil level before it went into the local Main Dealer and then checked the oil level the following morning. It was showing 1/2 full on the dip stick. This is the second time I have noticed the oil level which was the same last year.
Do they always fill it to 1/2 full as standard or am I getting 'short-changed'???

·
Registered
604 Posts
Most complaints about oil changes are due to over filling. The sucking part doesn't extract all the oil before the blowing process fills it back up with a pre-measured amount.

For yours to only be half full seems like their measuring has gone wayward or they're skimping to save a few pounds. If it was me, I find out the correct amount for your engine and cross ref that against the invoiced amount. Then comes the call to the garage....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most complaints about oil changes are due to over filling. The sucking part doesn't extract all the oil before the blowing process fills it back up with a pre-measured amount.

For yours to only be half full seems like their measuring has gone wayward or they're skimping to save a few pounds. If it was me, I find out the correct amount for your engine and cross ref that against the invoiced amount. Then comes the call to the garage....
Thanks, I will do just that.

·
Registered
5,212 Posts
Level should be checked with the car on level ground and cold.

·
Registered
5,212 Posts
Then that's not right. We have had reports of over filling on here but it should not be that low.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Then that's not right. We have had reports of over filling on here but it should not be that low.
Thanks, I plan to take it up with the garage that did the service, Gavells, Narberth.

·
Registered
94 Posts
You say half full is that half way between low mark and full mark on the dip stick if that is the case it is normally 1 litre between those marks so about half a litre. Think from memory the amount of oil required is just under 8 litres.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts