Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 4x4 2.0 sportage X erg(2000)

Drives really well etc etc.

But curious as to the 4x4 lever, what position should it be in, for everyday driving,

I can see a(N) which i presume is neutral, if iselect this, it puts the green icon on the dash ON,

and 2L, 2H, 4L. 4H < these are from memory, so could be wrong :)

Mick

·
Registered
144 Posts
Never engage 4L unless you are getting slippage on the wheels. It locks the diffs together and can cause damage if the wheels cant spin in the muddy stuff. If you use it on tarmac with good levels of grip it WILL wreck your car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the pointers :)

But...... Just tried getting off my drive, and rear wheels spinning and no traction,couldnt see the front wheels, and my drive is flat ?

So im thinking 4x4 system isnt working

·
Registered
887 Posts
Front wheels are eneged by vacuum, the pipes from chassis to front hubs are rubber and tend to split every few months!
Check pipes will probably find split or missing, get some simple rubber pipe and replace.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks murphwiz, will take a look in the morning, Are they pretty obvious to see, or do i need to remove a cover ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK had a quick look underneath and seen the passenger pipe is split, woo hoo, will check the drivers side in daylight,

but thanks for the pointer, and hopefully it shal fix it :)

Mick

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi Folks.
Notice this problem seem to be common on the sportage transmission.

I also own a Daf 33 which also uses vacuum tooperate the CVT transmission, and we suffered the same problems with rubber pipes.

Most have changed to thick walled Neopren tubing which has at least improved the situation.

Maybe this could be used on the Sportage?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does anyone know what MPG we suppose to get,

If i put £10 in, its empty afer 40 miles ?

is that right :)

ta
Mick

Edited by: Mobilemick

·
Registered
662 Posts
how much fuel do you get for a tenner thease days answer 1.8 galls so thats 23 mpg but your much better doing a brim to brim test for acurate figures

expect 23-25 mpg on early petrol models

1 - 11 of 11 Posts