Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2018 plate Sportage with 19” wheels. The posted size is 245 45 19. We need a couple of tyres in the next few months. Looking for a mid range tyre the Avon ZX7 seems to be a popular choice and gets a good write up. Has anyone got any experience of these please.

·
Registered
26 Posts
We have a 2018 plate Sportage with 19” wheels. The posted size is 245 45 19. We need a couple of tyres in the next few months. Looking for a mid range tyre the Avon ZX7 seems to be a popular choice and gets a good write up. Has anyone got any experience of these please.
I'm about to put an order in for exactly the same tyres for mine - they say they're Summer tyres, but with a rain rating of A, I can't see why they wouldn't be any good in the autumn/winter too.....

Dave

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm about to put an order in for exactly the same tyres for mine - they say they're Summer tyres, but with a rain rating of A, I can't see why they wouldn't be any good in the autumn/winter too.....

Dave
The reviews are reasonable and they are decent mid range I think. There are some shocking cheap tyres with awful reviews around though, starting about £80 for ditchfinders. I found the best price was at Formula 1
Product Font Rectangle Screenshot Technology

·
Registered
Sportage 1.7 Diesel
217 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I now have a Sportage KX5. I have had the Avon tyres on my car for about 15000 miles now.
They are exellent in the wet really gripping the road with tenacity.
More importantly they run very quite. A stark difference from my previous brand.
I ordered them from National tyres. Oddly it was cheaper to get them installed on my drive, so that saved me a lot of faffing around. Also I had a code which took a % off the price.
I'm about to do the ususal front to back change as I prefer to change all 4 tyres at the same time.
Would I order them again? yes, without question.
Hope this helps.

·
Super Moderator
9,436 Posts

Dave
Depends on the temperature. Summer work better above 7C winter will go a lot lower.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts