Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, any advice would be welcome. The turbo on my 2016 model Sportage is in need of repair. As I was late getting my Sportage serviced Kia are saying it is my responsibility to pay for the work. Would the turbo be serviced on full service job? It is my believe it is not a serviceable item so should be done at their cost as the car is still under warranty. Can anyone advise? Thanks

·
Registered
530 Posts
The turbo is not touched on a service, but if the service you were late on had a oil/filter change included this could be the reason they are refusing to do it under warranty, the turbo is lubricated by the oil.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
The turbo is not touched on a service, but if the service you were late on had a oil/filter change included this could be the reason they are refusing to do it under warranty, the turbo is lubricated by the oil.
Exactly this. Lubrication is essential for turbo health not only to lubricate it but to cool it as well. Since the OP says

full service job
I would presume it would have included oil/filter.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Turbos are expensive items to replace therefore the dealer / Kia will be reluctant to replace FOC. Turbos are very very sensitive to oil contamination / degradation, this is generally the only way they fail in normal driving conditions so the if the service was late Kia would be technically within their rights to refuse a warranty repair. Depending on HOW late the service was a gesture of goodwill contribution from Kia may be the best option if you plead your case nicely with them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts