Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I own a 2018 Sportage - GT Line and I'm looking for a towbar. The car is a lease car. I have had it OKd by the lease company to have one fit, as long as it's done correctly and by an approved garage.

I've found this one in the link below, but seems a lot cheaper than what I've been quoted elsewhere.

Is this all I need or do I need to buy other parts?

Has anyone had fitted? What sort of prices have you been quoted?

Regards,

Michael

·
Registered
738 Posts
There is only one 7 pin socket, so as long as you are not towing a caravan you shouldn't need anything else. In my case both our Sportage's had detachable tow bars, fitted by the dealers, from new. In both cases we went for the 13pin electrics and the proper Kia harness. They were not cheap, but we did it for convenience and speed, but were comparable prices with Witter and Tow Trust prices, including fitting. As I recall on the first Sportage we managed to get it as part of the deal, on this current car we had to fork out £645.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is only one 7 pin socket, so as long as you are not towing a caravan you shouldn't need anything else. In my case both our Sportage's had detachable tow bars, fitted by the dealers, from new. In both cases we went for the 13pin electrics and the proper Kia harness. They were not cheap, but we did it for convenience and speed, but were comparable prices with Witter and Tow Trust prices, including fitting. As I recall on the first Sportage we managed to get it as part of the deal, on this current car we had to fork out £645.
Yeah it was only to tow a trailer for when we go camping. I'm going down the roof bars are roof box option.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I would suggest Googling for local tow bar fitters and make a few phone calls. I would recommend getting whoever does the job to use the proper harness, less risk of issues with electronics, but that will probably add to the cost. Good luck. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Try this Autohak I installed back in 2018:

And here:

Does the job nicely. Installed it with a 13 pin electrical interface.

All the best from Romania.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts