Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've recently bought a 2018 Sportage that's done 11k miles. So I'm new to the Sportage, but not to Kia having had a Ceed for 9 years. I noticed recently when driving along a motorway under repair with very narrow temporary lanes it was difficult to keep the car pointing down the centre of the lane. The steering is what I can only describe a 'notchy'. It moves in discrete tiny steps rather than in a smooth continuous manner. Has any one every noticed this? Is it typical or is is a feature of my car?
Thanks in anticipation.
peter

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Hi,

I've recently bought a 2018 Sportage that's done 11k miles. So I'm new to the Sportage, but not to Kia having had a Ceed for 9 years. I noticed recently when driving along a motorway under repair with very narrow temporary lanes it was difficult to keep the car pointing down the centre of the lane. The steering is what I can only describe a 'notchy'. It moves in discrete tiny steps rather than in a smooth continuous manner. Has any one every noticed this? Is it typical or is is a feature of my car?
Thanks in anticipation.
peter
Hello (and welcome),

If you search this section of the forum for 'notchy steering' you will see many reports of this issue as it is a known problem on the Sportage. For example:

Fortunately, It is easily fixable under warranty by Kia dealerships. They put new grease into the steering rack which cures the problem.

·
Registered
Sportage 2017 (67) 1.7 crdi manual
122 Posts
Hello (and welcome),

If you search this section of the forum for 'notchy steering' you will see many reports of this issue as it is a known problem on the Sportage. For example:

Fortunately, It is easily fixable under warranty by Kia dealerships. They put new grease into the steering rack which cures the problem.
+1 to this. Had mine done recently. 30 mins and it was sorted. Been fine since.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts