Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just had my first let down with local kia dealership. 6 weeks ago had genuine kia sportage side steps fitted at kia these are the sports type which are more substantial than the other type as informed by kia.
I enquired at purchase time if there was a weight limit as I will be using these to assist in getting into the car as I didn't want to damage the side bolster cushion on my seat they said it was 150kg "I'm 125kg" . I had looked at after market ones but there limit was 110kg so chose kia ones. Had issues with plastic moulding coming loose on the top of side steps my kia dealership now say the steps are for cosmetic porpoises only and not to be stood on what a load of codswallop I would not have paid £400 + gor them had they said that in the first place so I'm contacting Kia head office to get this sorted out not happy hope this type of rubbish doesn't carry on .
Kind regards Brian (podders)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi all, just a update to my last post on side steps
I contacted another kia dealership regarding the side steps weight limit and they also confirmed that kia stipulate that they are for aesthetic purposes only and not to be stood on, well that was a very expensive learning experience for me
when I thought that buying genuine expensive stuff would be best.

·
Registered
Kia Sportage GT Line S 2019 (69 plate)
880 Posts
Hi all, just a update to my last post on side steps
I contacted another kia dealership regarding the side steps weight limit and they also confirmed that kia stipulate that they are for aesthetic purposes only and not to be stood on, well that was a very expensive learning experience for me
when I thought that buying genuine expensive stuff would be best.
How silly is that though. Why would you want a step that you can’t step on. Surely they must realise that if someone wants a step added then it’s likely they want it to be able to get in and out of car easier.

·
Registered
Sportage, 2019, ISG4
2 Posts
I have used them on my last Sportage for getting access to a top box when I have it fitted. I am 90-95kg and they have always proved substantial
On my last sportage they were about 3" wide and flat topped... the one's on my new Sportage are a bit wider and curved but the dealer agreed they are useful to stand on to reach the top of the car (eg for cleaning)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your replies guy's, I'm going to get my daughter to email kia uk to see if I can get some sort of compensation for the misrepresentation by the salesman at kia Stoneacre Stafford because I would not have spent £400+ for something I wanted that can't be used for.
Kind regards Brian (podders)

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
What is it to do with KIA UK? You bought your sidesteps from a KIA franchised dealer not from KIA UK, it's the dealers and salesman you need to be talking to to be honest here

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've got the same ones and they were bought primarily to help getting kit in and out of the roof box so I find it astonishing that they are saying Aesthetic only! The ones for the new model advertise they can take 180kg!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would have thought that Kia would be a bit miffed if it thought that one of it's franchised dealers who at the end of the day are representing the kia brand misrepresented a product with the kia name attached to it. To me that's like advertising a boat that can't be used on water.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ahh you said the magic word...Stoneacre ....wouldnt trust them with a kiddies peddle car let alone anything else ...Kia uk wont do anything just redirect you to the supplying dealer...remember your a very small fish in a very large ocean ....wont matter 2 hoots to them... you need to go back at stoneacre to get anywhere

1 - 10 of 10 Posts