Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm a newbie!

Just bought a 59 Reg Sportage and thus far very impressed.

However, I am a little confused, and perhaps someone here can help.

Having looked at the KIA website, it states that for my model and year of car my service interval is 12500 miles / 12 months, whichever comes first.

So assuming I don't do more than 12000 miles a year (which is almost certain) I only need to service my car once a year? And if so, which service? Do I perform the full service annually, or do I alternate every other year eg interim, full, interim, full etc?

I just want to be sure so I don't mess up my warranty.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Sgt.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I guess you have the 'old' model and a CRDi (diesel)? The service intervalis indeed 12500 miles or 12 months which ever comes first so if like me you do a bit less than 12500 miles each year, just get it serviced once every 12 months and just have the garage - or yourself - follow the schedule for the next service due.This way you should have a reliable car and a valid warranty. If you do the service yourself, keep the receipts for any thing you buy such as oil.

Great cars - it's snowing here again and I'm so pleased to be driving my Sportage.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmmm so anyways I decided to get a quote for the next service from my local KIA and was sent a reply via email : £352.86!!!

Does that sound right? That sounds a bit high to me, even for a dealership?

Cheers,

Sgt.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Sarge, I've got a Sportage XS on a '56 plate. Last month I had a service, (oil, oil and fuel filters, brakes adjusted etc), and an MOT done at my local garage, (not KIA), for £200:05.
Count yourself lucky, my Mrs has just had an annual service on her BMW series 1, (at BMW dealer), and they charged her £600:00!! (that included brake pads).

Regards, Mike

·
Registered
197 Posts
My last service (37.5k miles carried out @ 3yrs 31.5k miles) at a Kia dealership cost £244.95. It was per the schedule except they also swapped wheels front to rear to front to even up tyre wear. The labour portion was £154.80 including VAT. Mine is a 2008 CRDi 4x4.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What really annoys me is that my KIA down the road quoted me £352.86 and the KIA I bought it from quoted me £264.18 for the same service!

WTF?????

Unfortunately I don't live near the KIA I bought it from otherwise I would happily go there.

Please can someone explain how there is a difference of nearly £100 for exactly the same service from exactly the same manufacturer dealership?

Cheers,

Sgt.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I cannot explain it other than I suppose the dealerships are privately owned (franchises I guess) and unlike some makes have not signed-up to standard pricing. However you will be pleased to know that 'pricing is transparent' which means that you can see right through it...the following from KIA UK:

THE KIA 10 STEP SERVICE PROMISE

VEHICLE COLLECTION
When you arrive to pick up
your car, we will explain the
repair details and answer any
questions you may have.
FINAL INSPECTION
After the service work, the
repair is crosschecked and
quality controlled to ensure that
all work has been completed.
MONITORING
We will keep you informed
regarding repair progress and
changes in the timing.
REPAIR ORDERS
Before starting any service work
on your vehicle, we will review
the repair details with you and
ask for a confi rmation signature.
PRICING
Our pricing policy is transparent.
PERFORMING
SERVICE WORK
Your service will be performed in
a timely and accurate manner.
CUSTOMER GREETING
A friendly welcome awaits you
when entering our service area.
DIAGNOSIS
We listen to what you have
to say and take the time to
discuss the repair options.
FOLLOW-UP
Don't be surprised if you receive a call from us
a few days after picking up your vehicle. Your
feedback contributes to our commitment to
continuous service improvement.
APPOINTMENTS
Your appointment suits your
schedule.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi/ to all
i own 2010 sportage 4wd,which is now due its first yr service

3500 on clock.

£203 been quoted from kia parts inc

is this a fair deal !

where can i get a service sheet from, and what parts do they use ( make )

if go to a local gararge

any advice would be great

regards tim

·
Registered
10 Posts
My 2010 Sportage Titan was first registered on 1st May and the dealer offered 3 years servicing including the first MOT for an additional payment of £199 which was too good to refuse.

Based on the foregoing, my deal waseven better than I thought at the time

It will be serviced in the next 4 weeks for not a lot! Like Tim's it has not covered 4k miles yet.

Cheers Jas

·
Registered
30 Posts
My 2010 Sportage XS Diesel received its first service at Kia dealer last week. (7000 miles)Total cost £173.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just Booked mine in 2010 4WD Diesel at main dealer Cost inc vat £150 had quotes from other main dealers ranging from 175 to 195 price is variable on labour rates charged by different dealers Its about time standard costing came into force

1 - 13 of 13 Posts