Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a recall messagevfrom Kia for a free update to vehicle, message attached. When I called I was just told some kind of update to the battery. Couldn't/wouldn't tell me any more details. Couldn't say what it would improve or if anything, gave me the option if I wanted it done or not. Will only take 30 minutes apparently so can't he anything major, I'm guessing software update?
Anyone else had anything similar from Kia, thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
Sportage 1.7 Diesel
217 Posts
Something to do with my problems perhaps?
Please let us know what is done. Thank you for the notification on the forum.

·
Registered
2021 Proceed GT shooting break.
9 Posts
Had a recall messagevfrom Kia for a free update to vehicle, message attached. When I called I was just told some kind of update to the battery. Couldn't/wouldn't tell me any more details. Couldn't say what it would improve or if anything, gave me the option if I wanted it done or not. Will only take 30 minutes apparently so can't he anything major, I'm guessing software update?
Anyone else had anything similar from Kia, thanks.
I've just phoned my dealership as i too received the email yesterday and i asked them to explain in layman's terms what the service notification update is. He explained that my 2021 Proceed GT needs an update that targets the rain sensor. Hope this helps although maybe different models different updates.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts