Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I'm looking at getting a 2005 2.0 crdi Sportage auto ..... am I doing the right thing?? I need a car which will tow a smallish caravan and be able to handle muddy fields/forest tracks. I'm presuming they are a 'computer based' 4x4 system as standard with a switch to push a 50/50 split to 4wd on demand??? There doesn't seem to be anywhere that tells you this now as Kia want to push the new models' system???!!!????

Also there seems to be MANY reports that the fuel economy is very poor and vastly lower thanthe high 30's MPG Stated by Kia..... what's everyone getting???

Hope to get some answers please :)

·
Registered
662 Posts
Mpg on an auto will be 28+ good tow vehicle as a manual but a bit unerpowerd as a auto 4x4 is electronic with center diff lock no low range tyres a re road based so more serious mud does need a change of tyre type

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Viking Paul, The dealer was taking the p*** with my Pro Cee'd and part ex so I'm off to buy a Grand Cherokee..... if the fuel was better on the Kia I'd go for it but for a 2.0 crdi to give what it does mpg wiseI might aswell get a beast!!! lol I know it'll do what I want it to do and like you say, the Sportage is a little under powered...... Thanks again

·
Registered
27 Posts
If its any good.
My Manuel will top 40 mpg solo, careful motorway driving.

and around 27 towing.

It tows well, much better then the freelander it replaced.

and steady at speeds up to 70. while towing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts