Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 Diesel AWD 2L ECO Sportage.

Every now and again the battery drains and car will not start, use jump pack and starts first time. Example, we left the car a whole week and no problem but leaving it two days recently and it was dead, the other day we also left car for just about 5 hours and it died but it started this morning after two days of non use.
I have checked battery terminals and they are clean and tight, I have used a battery analyser and it reports battery as good although not in its prime as original. Next thing to try this weekend is measuring for a parasitic drain. Problem here is if it is a drain and it is intermittent it would be looking for the needle in the hay stack.

Has anyone else had a similar situation or can you suggest any other tests I can perform?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry Turnup, been away from laptop for a few days. I will also check the ground strap when I get back to car this weekend, if storm Dennis allows.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am experiencing the same problem. Been away for a week and on return car battery is totally dead. Had the battery fully charged - left is for 2 days, totally dead. This is a brand new battery (2 mth old) and no lights etc had been left on. I also noticed that when I remotely lock the car there is no audible signal to indicate the car is locked and the indicator lights don't flash (when unlocking the indicator lights do flash). I have tried contacting the garage I purchasd from and the local Kia dealership but both are closed
My car is a 2014 Kia Sportage KX4 automatic

Any ideas/suggestions anyone?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts