Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys not been about for a long long time but new car incoming so thought id ask
any one got the new JBL Black Edition im changing over my 2016 gt-line 2L diesel 4x4
for a 1.6 turbo petrol black edition
engine swap driven by incoming charges on diesel motors where I work
so looking for thoughts on this variant

·
Registered
209 Posts
Personally I would wait a few months for the new Sportage to become available and see what offers are like for the new model. Usually there are First Editions etc with a new model.
If prices are a major concern , waiting for the new model to become available WILL drive down prices on the outgoing model as dealers will be trying very hard to get rid of old stock so there will be significant savings from prices available now. The JBL Black Edition is the first example of a sales drive to get rid of the current model.

Reactions: videoman

·
Registered
204 Posts
Personally I would wait a few months for the new Sportage to become available and see what offers are like for the new model. Usually there are First Editions etc with a new model.
If prices are a major concern , waiting for the new model to become available WILL drive down prices on the outgoing model as dealers will be trying very hard to get rid of old stock so there will be significant savings from prices available now. The JBL Black Edition is the first example of a sales drive to get rid of the current model.
I wonder if Sales people in Kia showrooms are mentioning to potential buyers that a new model is out later this year.
There would have to be a hefty discount off this new 'black' edition to tempt me, maybe around £5K or even £6K and doubt that would even tempt me if I'm honest. Thinking of a change but will be waiting for the new version. Actually like the look of the new Tucson. Shame they don't match the 7 year warranty.
Mind you, I wouldn't keep the car that long😁

·
Registered
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
1,436 Posts
It certainly looks good in the all black. As far as a launch date for the new Sportage has not been announced, it is supposed to be this year, but given we are in the middle of a pandemic and imports seem to be suffering issues, I wouldn't hold my breath. I did see an alleged image of the new model, and frankly I think they have spoilt the front. and I haven't seen which drive trains are in the pipeline.
I don't like black cars, so its not for me, but if I could get a good deal on one of the 'outgoing' cars I would go for it. Thankfully it's not a problem for me, I'm well happy with what I've got.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Having owned a few black cars in my time, I'd never own another unless it was "really" cheap!
They look absolutely lovely & resplendent when clean.... but 400yds down the road they show every bit of dirt, every bug splat...
Then stone chips stand out like a sore thumb and within miles they look like they need respraying.

Lovely colour for an enthusiasts car that rarely gets taken out and spends it's life pampered in a garage being polished to within an inch of it's life... not so good for an everyday workhorse.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I agree with 137699, I have owned 2 black cars, one a Sportage and while they look lovely after a wash it only takes a shower or a heavy dew and all the effort is wasted.

Reactions: jcapari
1 - 6 of 6 Posts