Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 GT LIne CRDi Sportage and want a set of spare bulbs for European travel. The hand book quotes a HB3 for headlights, 9005 comes in somewhere!!.
Even the local dealer didn't know what bulb was fitted, the kits they have have a H7 headlight bulb.
Have a look at it I thought and following the handbook instruction found that the bulb fitted bears no relation to this instruction and I can't get it out. Any help please

Super Moderator

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now really confused, went to the site you mentioned and came up with bulbs for :
KIA SPORTAGE SUV HID BI-XENON 2020-2021
KIA SPORTAGE SUV BI-HALOGEN 2020-2021

How do I know what I've got if I can't access them. If they are Xenon its not a diy job

Super Moderator
According to the specification sheet the 2020 Sportage GT-Line has "LED Bi-Function Headlights with Adaptive Lighting System" and the handbook was less than useless, it just specifies LED bulb. Maybe a call to a Kia spare parts department may reveal more - possibly. :unsure:

Registered
I have a 2020 GT LIne CRDi Sportage and want a set of spare bulbs for European travel.
Just pop your lights on and check if it's the yellowish colour of halogen or bright white, if it's the modern white you don't have to worry about spares.
Most European countries do have their own list of safety items to be carried in vehicles but modern LED technology etc isn't something what can be expected to be changed at the road side so spares are not required.

Registered
Kia Niro 3 PHEV (70-plate) Horizon Blue
But what do I ask for
I had led headlights on my last car (Hyundai i30) and was advised that they didn't need changing for EU travelling. I did about 2500 miles in France and Germany an had no problems. Might be worth contacting another dealer (who DOES know which bulbs are which) just to check, or maybe Kia Customer Services on this forum.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts