Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, my first post, so please be kind 馃槉. I have got a 2019 sportage gt-line. I鈥檝e recently got a dog and whilst in the car he goes into the boot with a dog guard. The problem is if I nip out of the car even for 2 mins and leave him the alarm goes off ( would never leave him in car even for 2 mins in summer). I read on a previous post that the button that looks like a Wi-Fi symbol on the ceiling, near the lights, will deactivate alarm. My question is does it totally deactivate alarm or only the sensors inside. I was hoping it would stop the alarm going off while my dog was inside but would still activate if someone tried to get into car.
Thanks in advance.

Banned
Yes that will de-activate the interior movement sensors and the tilt sensor - the rest of the alarm remains active. Press the button then exit and lock the car within 30 seconds..

Super Moderator
To add to Turnup's comment, it only deactivates the interior/tilt until you next unlock the car, then it resets back to normal. It's also a useful function when on ferries.

Reactions: PeteW

Registered
Yes I've used the de-activate function a lot on the ferries to France and back. Surprising how many car owners don't bother and you have to listen to their alarms being triggered by rough seas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.