Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't suppose anyone has come across a cheap set of roof bars for the Sportage have they?

I've recently upgraded from a Qashqai to a New Sportage GT Line S AWD 1.6T, picked it up last week.

The Qashqai was open rails, so easy to pickup a cheap set of bars (Aldi £25-30).. But I'm struggling to find a cheap set of bars for the flush/closed rails.

With the leather trim, I'd rather just bung stuff on the roof than inside the car, but it's not an everyday use hence not wanting to spend £100+ on them.

(Really happy with the Sportage so far (300 miles on the clock so far after 10 days), lower MPG than I anticipated but fun over fuel is a winner, although moving from a diesel getting 71MPG is probably gonna hurt my wallet.

I will be going on some little off road outings, it'll be travelling up country tracks in all weathers, so I'll probably end up posting pictures of it covered in mud in the coming months haha).

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've been looking for some myself, ebay sellers seems the cheapest option at around £50-£70 Just checked Halfords which is around £45+ for the bars...then £120!! for the fixing kit!!

However lots of types currently on sale at Kia parts direct for £101 ish...
You searched for roof bars - Kia Parts Direct

Like yourself i'm not sure i can justify the money for the usage, but this time around dealer parts look to be the best value for money, as you know they will work, good quality and fitment will be perfect.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I think you'll find the spacer required is 120cm, closed rail bars.
If it's not for daily or heavy use, try GumTree to see what is offered near you.
I picked up my bars for £10 :)

Reactions: little_geoff

·
Registered
99 Posts
I've got the genuine aluminium ones - very pleased with them, I got them for just over £100 though, they're now around £127.00

·
Registered
2017 Sportage GT Line S - 1.6T DCT
483 Posts
Genuine ones fit like a glove - I bought a used set on ebay for £40 - there's usually a selection of used ones available - just look for some localish to you to save postage cost.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts