Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a Sportage GT line S, delivered on the 25 03 22. Sad to say it's playing up already. The door lock button seems to flatten a 'battery' which requires the system re-set when when you eventually get in. I have to leave off the drivers door emergency key cap and use the skeleton key to gain entry every morning. The dealer is currently scratching his head waiting for advise from Kia. Not the car I was hoping for.

Super Moderator
Why haven't you taken it back?

>>The dealer is currently scratching his head waiting for advise from Kia. <<<
Would suggest they have. But without knowing more details even guessing is past Mystic Meg skills 馃ぃ

Still given this is a brand new car, that has been out since March. This is the 1st issue that any owner here has posted. So while it is small comfort for the OP. It does bode well for Kia (y)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm presuming the battery you are referring to is the key fob battery as opposed to the car battery?
The battery is and I quote from the dealer " the car's main battery controlling the dash, locks and starting system" I can't get a straight answer from the dealer, as they seem to be as puzzled as me.

Registered
On Order: Sportage GT Line S PHEV in Infra Red
The battery is and I quote from the dealer " the car's main battery controlling the dash, locks and starting system" I can't get a straight answer from the dealer, as they seem to be as puzzled as me.
Is yours a HEV or one of the other engine options?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have to use the skeleton key to open the car as the the auto will not function. When inside the re-set has to be pressed to re-set the dashboard lights and everything else.After that all works well until the following morning when we start all over again.

Registered
On Order: Sportage GT Line S PHEV in Infra Red
Your pushing this once you get inside the car right?
Rectangle Gadget Font Screenshot Bumper

Im probably about to tell you something youve already worked out:
You have something discharging the battery.

Have you managed to rule out anything you might have done? No dashcams plugged in, or anything else plugged into the car that might be causing this?

I find it interesting, though not surprising, that your dealer is clueless. I would imagine they simply plugged a laptop in and the car told them it was fine. When what would have been better was checking if there was a constant discharge from the 12V battery circuit and seeing what might be causing it.

If im being generous, as this is a fairly new powertrain for a Sportage, the dealer likely doesnt have much experience in fault finding electrical drains on it. Though I think other Kia models have a similar setup so thats not any excuse for crap customer service though.

Reactions: Aerofly

Registered
On order (17th Feb): 2022 Sportage GT-Line S HEV in Penta Grey with black roof.
I agree with dhb, something is draining the 12v section of the cars battery. Here鈥檚 something from the manual鈥︹
鈥淏attery
The vehicle is composed of a high voltage battery that drives the motor and air conditioner, and an integrated 12V lead battery with the HEV battery that drives the lamps, wipers, and audio system.
The integrated 12V battery is automatically charged when the vehicle is in the ready (READY) mode.鈥
So as it says, it鈥檚 probably something in the lights, wipers or audio system that鈥檚 draining it.

Registered
For the benefit of those following this thread. The dealer has come back to me with a faulty module within the door lock system, which he says could be causing the power-out. Watch this space!!
Hey ... please take a deep breath and Smile ........ :) ..... at least you have your GT-Line S now ... we are still waiting and waiting and waiting and .......... :)

Registered
JFL: When you do get this issue sorted, could you change the caption to detail the FAULT, so if anyone else has a similar problem, they can find what was done to resolve. Just "delivered on 25-03- doesn't suggest anything wrong, even "bragging" :)

Super Moderator
JFL: When you do get this issue sorted, could you change the caption to detail the FAULT, so if anyone else has a similar problem, they can find what was done to resolve. Just "delivered on 25-03- doesn't suggest anything wrong, even "bragging" :)
Sorted. (y)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts