Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
our daughter had a 2017 Sportage that won't reverse when it rains and then it also drops fears from 5th to 3rd then stops. This has been in the garage and kia say there's nothing wrong with it but this happened on a round about and with two small children I the car. She has several times had to be pushed instead of reversing. Had anyone else had this problem?
Kia refusing to accept responsibility when it's under warranty still

Super Moderator
Take it this is a Auto?

Registered
Try another Kia dealer for a second opinion?
Kia must have a test procedure for fault finding the DCT gearbox (assuming it is DCT)

Registered
There is a known issue with the DCT gearbox where it will either only select even gears, or odd gears.
The dealer should have a TSB article (Technical Service Bulletin) about this.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is a known issue with the DCT gearbox where it will either only select even gears, or odd gears.
That's very helpful.Thank you. they say that they replaced the gearbox on April but obviously didn't.
I'll keep you informed.
She actually had a right rant at them and the guy wouldn't even come out to talk to her be sent a colleague.
This was at Crawley.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are telling her that they are going to replace the gearbox and clutch. They also will not give her the service records for the car as it was brought through them and serviced by them to. It sounds like there hiding something.
Had anyone come across this before thanks

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They are telling her that they are going to replace the gearbox and clutch. They also will not give her the service records for the car as it was brought through them and serviced by them to. It sounds like there hiding something.
Had anyone come across this before thanks
Also they claim they changed the gearbox in April as well but we don't think so.

Registered
Also they claim they changed the gearbox in April as well but we don't think so.
Easy to see if they are really changing it this time. Make a little mark on it with a screwdriver that isn't obvious but you know is there. When it is "fixed" see if they really did change the gearbox :)
Shouldn't be necessary but as we know, many dealers are somewhat "slapdash" with repairs and especially promises

Also, if she owns the car then the paperwork for the car is part of that ownership and isn't there some GDPR thingy about data subjects having the right to see their data. Sounds like the car either hasn't been serviced at all or hasn't been serviced often enough to keep Kia warranty intact and they are trying to do everything not to have to stump up for a new gearbox as they will have to foot the bill. Something very fishy there........

Registered
I've just had a relatively minor piece of work done under the warranty and even that had to be authorised by Kia before the dealer would do it, so I'm certain they would have had to sanction any work on a gearbox. Surely the new Registered Keeper of the car is entitled to ask Kia if they have previously authorised any such work , thus bypassing the dealer?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts