Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a look at Sportage Forum recently as Ive had 1.7 CRDI 2 for some months now. Not impressed with the ripping of material on outer sides of front seats or the remedy. Its may appear ok to replace affected seat cushions, but what appeared to be necessary was a seat modification. Emailed Kia Customer Services asking if a modification was in the pipeline and got the (prompt) reply:-
"We are aware that the original design of the seat can cause wear on the padding section and so we've modified the part at production. We are currently awaiting the modified part to come into UK stock. When this happens your dealer will be in a position to order & fit it for you. Please keep in touch with (your dealer) and they'll be able to monitor this for you"

I have already made my dealer - Hendy Kia (Cosham) aware of the problem and I suggest that others do the same. Whether KIA UK will request dealers to inform all of their Sportage customers is not known. Hopefully the dealers will act indepently when the modified part becomes available.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
With 7 years warranty, I wouldn't be too concerned unless you suffer from the problem.
In my experience, things like this usually cause a bit of a backlog, resulting in disgruntled customers, while they wait for the new parts to come off back order.

·
Registered
65 Posts
if the dealers can make money from the modification they will ring and email all the sportage owners that are on there records. however if its a fiddly job that takes longer than the time they are allowed by kia (which i suspect) they wont. unless of course its an official recall then they will ring you just before your service is due

·
Registered
23 Posts
Went to my local dealer in Grantham last week and showed him my 1/2" split in the drivers seat.

He said the problem was new to him but he said he would order a new seat cover straight away and let me know when it was received so that I could arrange to take my car in and have it fitted.

Fingers crossed that everything goes alright!.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi roblincs,

I use that Grantham dealer as well. They are definitely one of the better ones!
The only problem is that it may take weeks to get a replacement cover.
I had a faulty radio in my Carens, they ordered a new one which hadn't arrived 3 weeks later so they nicked one out of a new vehicle instead!Don't think they can take a seat out of a new Sportage -it'll be a bit obvious!

That's what I call service.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just got my seat cover replaced this week reported it about 6 weeks ago,took a long time for the cover to arrive but didnt seem to cure my problem. this new fix is for the usual torn leather problem around the plastic trim but the sponge on mine is collapsing on the side of the base causing a fold in the leather. I will have to see how it goes and approach them again if it happens. To be fair to the dealership they are very good and this is the only fix kia seem to have for the seats as my problem seems to be unheard of

1 - 6 of 6 Posts